Johnsburg Sanitary District
Friday, October 16 2009
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 8/12/09, 9/1/09 and 9/21/09 meetings.
3. Review the 2008 audited financial statements.
4. Status of the Operations & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary Dist. #1.
5. Discuss operational issues.
6. Consideration and acceptance of a Consent to Town of Fond du Lac Sanitary District #6 To Becoming an Additional Party to the 2000 Wastewater Agreement.
7. Approval of District bills.
8. Schedule the next meeting.
9. Commissioners’ reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Friday, October 16th, 2009, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting their October monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz and Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber. Also present was Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also in attendance was Kathy Diederich, Schenck, S.C.
1. Call to order. President Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:01 a.m.
2. Approval of meeting minutes. Dennis Lefeber moved to approve the minutes of the August 12th, September 1st, and September 21st meetings, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Review of the 2088 audited financial statements. Ms. Diederich reviewed the current financial status of the District, analyzed debt payments and reviewed the status of the District’s loans. Kathy and Brenda will compile an analysis of the optimal level of additional debt payments that would reduce interest expenses yet not put the District in a poor financial position with future loan payments. Ms. Diederich also advised that the District’s user charge is currently sufficient for operations and debt payments.
4. Status of the Operations & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary District #1. The Johnsburg Sanitary Commission submitted a draft Agreement to Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 on 10/23/08. Karen Schwengels, President, Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1, submitted comments; which were reviewed by the Commission at their 1/22/09 meeting. Brenda Schneider reported Johnsburg’s responses to TSD#1 at their monthly meeting on 1/26/09. The full TSD#1 Commission reviewed JSD’s responses at their 2/21/09 meeting. Their responses were received by JSD on 3/2/09. JSD’s rebuttal comments were compiled during their 3/3/09 meeting and were subsequently submitted to TSD#1.
At the District’s 9/1/09 meeting, TSD#1 President Sig Tomkalski explained suggested modifications to the duration of the Agreement. The remainder of the Agreement was reviewed for clarity. The Commission incorporated a few modifications to the Agreement, and re-submitted it to TSD#1 for their approval. The Commission is still awaiting a response from TSD#1.
5. Discuss operational issues. Cheryl Kapfenstein requested approval from the Commission to raise the height of the control panel to allow for approximately 3 additional feet for a landscaping project. The Commission authorized the work to be done by Thome Electric with payment for the service to be made by the home owners. President Schmitz requested a quote from Thome Electric for the project. The quote has been received and submitted to the homeowner for a response.
6. Consideration and acceptance of a Consent to Town of Fond du Lac Sanitary District #6 To Becoming an Additional Party to the 2000 Wastewater Agreement. Dennis Lefeber motioned to accept the Consent, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
7. Approval of District bills. Dennis Lefeber motioned to approve the bills totaling $2,586.37 (order nos. 68-74), and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $2,500.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account for operational expenses,
• Transfer $468.05 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• Transfer $37.95 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
The motion was seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
8. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 11th, at 10:00 a.m.
9. Commissioners’ reports and comments. None given.
10. Adjournment. Dennis Lefeber motioned to adjourn at 11:35 p.m., seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home