Meeting of the Electors
Wednesday, November 18 2009
TIME: 7:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
2010 Budget Hearing
TOWN OF TAYCHEEDAH
ANNUAL BUDGET HEARING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on Wednesday, November 18, 2009, at 7:30 p.m., at the Town Hall, the Town Board of the Town of Taycheedah will conduct a public hearing on the Proposed 2010 Budget of the Town of Taycheedah. A copy of the detailed budget is available for inspection by contacting the Clerk, Brenda Schneider, at (920) 921-5224.
2008 2009 2010 % OF
ACTUAL ACTUAL/PROJ. PROPOSED CHANGE
General Property Tax $450,684.92 $416,956.50 $473,532.95 13.04%
Intergov't Revenue $223,280.06 $227,848.37 $221,650.40 -3.14%
Licenses/Permits $21,778.00 $25,936.34 $25,680.00 16.99%
Public Charges for Services $173,938.78 $193,720.20 $179,100.00 -8.88%
Misc. Rev./Loan Proceeds $131,690.14 $134,427.90 $332,200.00 229.16%
REVENUE-YEAR $1,001,371.90 $998,889.31 $1,232,163.35 27.40%
Cash Bal.-Jan. 1 $102,826.57 $134,168.77 $139,299.91
TOTAL REVENUE $1,104,198.47 $1,133,058.08 $1,371,463.26
General Government $155,479.34 $151,501.48 $141,734.13 -5.24%
Health & Public Safety $735,327.58 $782,871.88 $1,027,433.19 29.20%
Debt Service $78,849.51 $59,384.81 $80,242.47 116.56%
TOTAL EXPEND.-YEAR $969,656.43 $993,758.17 $1,249,419.79 27.25%
Investments/CDs (balance) $115,398.86 $117,043.48 $117,043.48 6.28%
Bond & Misc. Liability $5,373.27 $5,000.00 $5,000.00 0.00%
Contingency Funds (general) $13,769.91 $0.00 $0.00 100.00%
CD-Redemption $0.00 $0.00 $0,00
TOTAL EXP./LIAB./FUNDS $1,104,198.47 $1,115,801.65 $1,371,463.26 25.44%
Based upon equalized value
Tax Rate $1.0850 Tax Rate $0.9572 Tax Rate $1.1289
REVENUE OVER OR
(UNDER) EXPENDITURES $0.00 $17,256.43 $0.00
Levy Freeze is 3.0% OR Net % of New Construction
Debt Service $78,849.51 $59,384.81 $80,242.47
FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on Wednesday, November 18, 2009, immediately following the completion of the budget hearing, a Special Town Meeting of the Electors will be held pursuant to Sec. 60.12(1)(c) of Wis. Stats., for the following purpose:
1. To approve the total 2010 highway expenditures pursuant to Sec. 82.03 of Wis. Stats. if they exceed $5,000.00 per town highway miles (66.88 mi.@$5,000.00=$334,400.00).
2. To establish salaries of elected officials for the terms of office to begin in April, 2010, pursuant to Sec. 60.32 of Wis. Stats.
3. To adopt the 2009 town tax levy to be paid in 2010 pursuant to Sec. 60.10(1)(a) of Wis. Stats.
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that a Special Town Board Meeting will immediately follow the Special Town Meeting of the Electors for the following purpose:
1. Discussion and adoption of the 2010 Budget for the Town of Taycheedah.
Dated this 29th day of October, 2009. Brenda A. Schneider, Town Clerk
The Town of Taycheedah conducted a public hearing for the purpose of presenting the 2010 Proposed Budget on Wednesday, November 18th, 2009, at 7:30 p.m., at the Town Hall. Town Board members in attendance were Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors Tim Simon, Jim Rosenthal, John Abler, and Clarence Kraus, Clerk Brenda Schneider and Treasurer Kathy Diederich. Seventeen residents were in attendance.
The Town Board met on October 26th and October 28th, 2009, for budget workshop meetings. The draft 2010 Budget was reviewed and revised by the Board in preparation for the Budget Hearing.
The Town Chairman, Jerry Guelig, called the public hearing to order. The proposed 2010 Budget was presented and reviewed. The residents questioned several items contained in the budget.
Chairman Guelig motioned to close the public hearing at 9:06 p.m., seconded by Jim Rosenthal. Motion carried (5-0).
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE ELECTORS
The Chairman called to order the Special Meeting of the Electors, pursuant to Section 60.12(1)(c) of Wis. Stats., at 9:06 p.m., for the purpose of approving the salaries of elected officials, approve the 2010 Highway Expenditures, and adopt the 2010 tax levy.
1) To approve the 2010 highway expenditures pursuant to Sec. 82.03 of Wis. Stat. if the proposed highway expenditures exceed $5,000 per town highway mile (66.88 mi.@$5,000=$334,400). The 2010 Budget proposed to establish the highway expenditures at $500,192.30.
• Jim Rosenthal motioned to approve the 2010 highway expenditures at $500,192.30; which would include $55,000 for the construction of a salt storage building and $200,000 for asphalt repairs both funded through borrowing. Jerry Guelig seconded the motion. Motion failed by a show-of-hands vote. Aye-6, Nay-10.
• Brian King motioned to approve the 2010 highway expenditures at $445,192.30; which would exclude $55,000 for the construction of a salt storage building. Lynn Birschbach seconded the motion. Motion failed by a show-of-hands vote. Aye-4, Nay-10.
• Tim Simon motioned to approve the 2010 highway expenditures at $345,192.30; which would exclude $55,000 for the construction of a salt storage building and reduce asphalt repairs by $100,000. Both reductions were planned to be funded by borrowing. Motion carried by a show-of-hands vote. Aye-12, Nay-5.
2) To establish salaries of elected officials for the terms of office to begin in April, 2010, pursuant to Sec. 60.32 of Wis. Stats. The 2010 Budget proposed to establish the salaries of the elected officials for the terms of office to begin in April, 2010, at the current $3,757 each.
• Motion by Brian King to freeze the salaries of Town Board Supervisors elected during the even year at the current level, seconded by Tim Simon. Motion carried by a show-of-hands vote. Aye-15, Nay-1.
3) To adopt the 2009 tax levy to be paid in 2010, pursuant to Sec. 60.10(1)(a) of Wis. Stats. The 2010 Budget proposed a tax levy of $393,270.48 for operations, the maximum allowed by State of Wisconsin imposed levy limits, and $80,242.47 for debt, for a total of $473,351.95. Due to the reductions approved by the Electors in highway expenditures, the revised proposed 2010 tax levy is $393,270.48 for operations and $54,667.47 for debt.
• Brenda Schneider motioned to adopt an operational tax levy of $373,270.48 and a debt tax levy of $54,667.47, seconded by Katherine Diederich. Motion carried by a show-of-hands vote. Aye-12, Nay-1.
November 18th, 2009 2010 Budget 2.
Jerry Guelig motioned to adjourn the Special Meeting of the Electors at 9:42 pm., seconded by John Abler. Motion carried by a voice vote.
SPECIAL TOWN BOARD MEETING
Chairman Jerry Guelig called the special meeting of the Town Board to order at 9:42 pm. The purpose of the meeting was for the Board to discuss and adopt the 2010 Budget.
Jerry Guelig motioned to adopt the 2010 Proposed Budget, as amended by the Electors, seconded by Jim Rosenthal. Motion carried (5-0).
Jerry Guelig motioned to adjourn the Special Town Board meeting at 9:44 pm, seconded by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home