Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, November 3 2009
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 9/14/09 and 10/16/09 meetings.
3. Status of the Operations & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary Dist. #1.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Establish the 2009 Tax Levy, payable 2010.
6. Review investments.
7. Approval of District bills.
8. Schedule the next meeting.
9. Commissioners’ reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, November 3rd, 2009, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting their November monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz and Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present was Sig Tomkalski, President of Taycheedah Sanitary District #1.
1. Call to order. President Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:02 a.m.
2. Approval of meeting minutes. After review by the Commission, President Schmitz declared the minutes of the 9/14/09 and 10/16/09 meetings approved as presented.
3. Status of the Operations & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary District #1. The Johnsburg Sanitary Commission submitted a draft Agreement to Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 on 10/23/08. Karen Schwengels, President, Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1, submitted comments; which were reviewed by the Commission at their 1/22/09 meeting. Brenda Schneider reported Johnsburg’s responses to TSD#1 at their monthly meeting on 1/26/09. The full TSD#1 Commission reviewed JSD’s responses at their 2/21/09 meeting. Their responses were received by JSD on 3/2/09. JSD’s rebuttal comments were compiled during their 3/3/09 meeting and were subsequently submitted to TSD#1.
At the District’s 9/1/09 meeting, TSD#1 President Sig Tomkalski explained suggested modifications to the duration of the Agreement. The remainder of the Agreement was reviewed for clarity. The Commission incorporated a few modifications to the Agreement, and re-submitted it to TSD#1 for their approval. The Commission is still awaiting a response from TSD#1.
The Commission further discussed the Agreement with TSD#1 President Sig Tomkalski. All parties agreed with the revised text of the “Duration” section. The parties agreed to make the following modifications: Insert the words “for Non-Emergency Projects” in the title in order to add clarity to Section 3, New Capital Costs; and delete the paragraph in Section 4, Operation, Maintenance and Replacement Expenses; which states, In the event wastewater flows are metered at each TSD#1 lift station, a proportionate share of attributable operation and maintenance expenses will be allocated to JSD for each lift station under the condition that Calumet Sanitary District and Taycheedah Sanitary District #3 also agree to the allocation of operation and maintenance costs at each lift station location. Dennis Lefeber motioned to approve the Agreement as modified and to submit the proposed Agreement to TSD#1 for their consideration, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
4. Discuss operational issues. Cheryl Kapfenstein requested approval from the Commission to raise the height of the control panel to allow for approximately 3 additional feet for a landscaping project. The Commission authorized the work to be done by Thome Electric with payment for the service to be made by the home owners. President Schmitz requested a quote from Thome Electric for the project. The quote has been received and submitted to the homeowner for a response.
Brian Schmitz is working on routine maintenance.
5. Establish the 2009 Tax Levy, payable 2010. Dennis Lefeber motioned to levy $28,000.00 on all real and personal property located within the District, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
6. Review investments. The status of the District’s Debt Service Account was reviewed. One of the District’s CDs will mature November 13th. After review of the District’s annual debt obligations, Ken Schneider motioned to redeem $82,300.00, to be deposited in the Debt Service checking account and to re-invest the remaining $58,486.53 in a 12 month CD, seconded by Dennis Lefeber. Motion carried (3-0). Dennis Lefeber motioned to pay $11,224.00 in additional principal toward the loan secured by the tax levy, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
7. Approval of District bills. Dennis Lefeber motioned to approve the bills totaling $2,435.03 (order nos. 75-80), and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $2,400.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account for operational expenses,
• Transfer $1,162.00 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Reserved Account, and
November 3rd, 2009 Johnsburg Sanitary District 2.
• Payment of $11,224.00 to Rural Development as additional principal toward the loan supported by the tax levy.
The motion was seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
8. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 1st, at 10:00 a.m. The next joint sanitary district meeting is scheduled for January 28th, at 5:00 p.m.
9. Commissioners’ reports and comments. None given.
10. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:05 p.m.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home