Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, December 1 2009
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 11/3/09 meeting.
3. Status of the Operations & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary Dist. #1.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Review investments.
6. Approval of District bills.
7. Schedule the next meeting.
8. Commissioners’ reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, December 1st, 2009, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting their December monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz and Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. President Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m.
2. Approval of meeting minutes. After review by the Commission, Dennis Lefeber motioned to approve the minutes of the November 3rd, 2009 meeting, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Status of the Operations & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary District #1. The Johnsburg Sanitary Commission submitted a draft Agreement to Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 on 10/23/08. Karen Schwengels, President, Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1, submitted comments; which were reviewed by the Commission at their 1/22/09 meeting. Brenda Schneider reported Johnsburg’s responses to TSD#1 at their monthly meeting on 1/26/09. The full TSD#1 Commission reviewed JSD’s responses at their 2/21/09 meeting. Their responses were received by JSD on 3/2/09. JSD’s rebuttal comments were compiled during their 3/3/09 meeting and were subsequently submitted to TSD#1.
At the District’s 9/1/09 meeting, TSD#1 President Sig Tomkalski explained suggested modifications to the duration of the Agreement. The remainder of the Agreement was reviewed for clarity. The Commission incorporated a few modifications to the Agreement, and re-submitted it to TSD#1 for their approval. The Commission is still awaiting a response from TSD#1.
During their 11/3/09 meeting, TSD#1 President Sig Tomkalski was in attendance. All parties agreed to incorporate several modifications. The revised draft was re-submitted to TSD#1 for their review.
TSD#1 Commissioner Karen Schwengels has alerted President Schmitz of a few issues in need of clarifications or correction. The issues are as follows:
• Section 4, Operation, Maintenance and Replacement Expenses
o Delete the word various in reference to connection points.
o Change attributable insurance from a quarterly allocation to an annual allocation.
o Delete TSD#1 shall be responsible for the purchase and all maintenance costs of all meters. This matter is repeated in Section 6.
o Delete It is further agreed that the Parties will calibrate their flow meters at intervals not to exceed twenty-four (24) months. Records of calibration shall be made available upon request. The City of Fond du Lac Public Works Department has been calibrating monthly.
o Delete the words or work log forms within the Attributable Maintenance Wages and the Attributable Inspection Wages paragraphs.
o Insert the words including a written explanation of the expense within the Attributable Repairs and Maintenance paragraph.
• The duration of the contract as written was discussed. However, no modifications were made to the section.
The revised version of the proposed agreement will be submitted to TSD#1 for their consideration.
4. Discuss operational issues. Nothing new to report. Odors are still noticeable along Johnsburg Road during certain weather and wind conditions.
5. Review investments. The Debt Reserve CD in the amount of $10,954.00 will mature on December 8th. The District also has a $750.00 CD that will mature on December 26th. Dennis Lefeber motioned to re-invest the funds into a 5-year CD and to issue a check in the amount of $750.00 from the Debt Reserve Account to add to the CD, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0). The $750.00 CD will be redeemed and deposited into the Debt Reserve checking account upon maturity.
6. Approval of District bills. Ken Schneider motioned to approve the bills totaling $9,599.23 (order nos. 83-94), and to authorize the following:
December 1st, 2009 Johnsburg Sanitary District 2.
• Transfer $9,525.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account for operational expenses,
• Transfer $7,155.93 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account,
• Transfer $580.21 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account,
• Transfer $741.00 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Reserved Account, and
• Reimburse Taycheedah Sanitary District #3 for a deposit error in the amount of $32,841.93.
The motion was seconded by Dennis Lefeber. Motion carried (3-0).
7. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 5th, at 10:00 a.m. The next joint sanitary district meeting is scheduled for January 28th, at 5:00 p.m.
8. Commissioners’ reports and comments. None given.
9. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:18 p.m.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home