Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, January 5 2010
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 12/1/09 meeting.
3. Status of the Operations & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary Dist. #1.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Clarification of the Schenck billings for Taycheedah Sanitary District #1 operation and maintenance expenses.
6. Approval of District bills.
7. Review investments.
8. Schedule the next meeting.
9. Commissioners’ reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, January 5th, 2010, for the purpose of conducting their January monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz and Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present were Taycheedah Sanitary District #1 President, Sig Tomkalski; and Commissioner Karen Schwengels.
1. Call to order. President Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:06 a.m.
2. Approval of minutes. After review by the Commission, President Schmitz declared the minutes of the December 1st, 2009 meeting approved as distributed.
3. Status of the Operations & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary District #1. The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission submitted a draft Agreement to Taycheedah Sanitary District #1 on 10/23/08. Karen Schwengels, former President, Taycheedah Sanitary District #1, submitted comments; which were reviewed by the Commission at their 1/22/09 meeting. Brenda Schneider reported Johnsburg’s responses to TSD#1 at their monthly meeting 1/26/09 meeting. The full TSD#1 Commission reviewed JSD’s responses at their 2/21/09 meeting. Their responses were received by JSD on 3/2/09. JSD’s rebuttal comments were compiled during their 3/3/09 meeting and were subsequently submitted to TSD#1.
At the District’s 9/1/09 meeting, TSD#1 President Sig Tomkalski explained suggested modifications to the duration of the Agreement. The remainder of the Agreement was reviewed for clarity. The Commission incorporated a few modifications to the Agreement, and re-submitted it to TSD#1 for their approval.
TSD#1 President Sig Tomkalski was in attendance for the District’s 11/3/09 meeting. All parties agreed to incorporate several modifications. The revised draft was re-submitted to TSD#1 for their review. Subsequently, TSD#1 Commissioner Karen Schwengels alerted President Schmitz of a few issues in need of clarification or correction. Most of her suggested clarifications and corrections were incorporated by the Johnsburg Commission. The revised version of the Agreement was re-submitted to TSD#1 for final review and approval.
During the TSD#1 meeting held on December 21st, 2009, the TSD#1 Commission further modified the duration section of the Agreement. The Commission then took formal action to approve and execute the proposed modified Agreement.
TSD#1 Commissioners Sig Tomkalski and Karen Schwengels presented and explained the approved Agreement to the JSD Commission. Dennis Lefeber motioned to accept the final version of the TSD#1 Operation & Maintenance Agreement, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried unanimously by roll call vote.
4. Discuss operational issues. Odors are still noticeable in the Johnsburg Road/Schumacher Road area when there are strong north winds.
Cheryl Kapfenstein contacted President Schmitz to inform him that at this time they have decided not to pursue modifications to their grinder pump control panel.
The Commission discussed a matter relating to the charging of interest. A resident had contacted the District’s accountant and Commissioners regarding a lost payment check. His account was subsequently charged interest for a late payment. The interest penalty has been waived.
5. Clarification of the Schenck billings for Taycheedah Sanitary District #1 operation and maintenance expenses. The costs for Schenck’s services to compile the 2009 TSD#1 O&M billings was $955.00. The matter will be discussed at the January 28th joint sanitary district meeting.
6. Approval of bills. Ken Schneider motioned to approve the bills totaling $7,652.48 (order nos. 1-6), and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $7,650.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account for operational expenses,
• Transfer $1,075.87 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• Transfer $87.23 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
January 5th, 2010 Johnsburg Sanitary District 2.
The motion was seconded by Dennis Lefeber. Motion carried (3-0).
7. Review investments. The Local Revenues CD, worth $35,942.41, matures on 1/16/10 and the Debt Service CD, worth $38,631.97, also matures on 1/16/10.
Dennis Lefeber motioned to re-invest both CDs for a term of 24 months at 2% interest, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
8. Schedule the next meeting. The next Commission meeting will be held on February 2nd. The next joint sanitary district meeting will be held on January 28th.
9. Commissioners’ reports and comments. The Commissioners compiled topics for discussion at the next joint sanitary district meeting.
10. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:08 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home