Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3-St. Peter Area Sanitary District
Wednesday, March 17 2010
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 2/17/10 meeting.
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
Consideration and possible action regarding maintenance and operational issues.
1) Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement.
1) Discuss grinder pump maintenance costs.
2) Review and action pertaining to investments.
3) Approval of bills.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please not, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
The Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3-St. Peter Area Commission met on Wednesday, March 17th, 2010, at 4:00 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting their March monthly meeting. Members present were: Commissioners Mike Sabel and John Rickert; and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Absent was President Bill Gius. Also present was Mike Nett, Nett Land & Development.
Call to order. Commissioner John Rickert called the meeting to order at 4:16 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. Mike Sabel moved to approve the minutes of the 2/17/10 meeting, seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (2-0-1 absent).
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
The system located at the Fife property is operating order. An electrical glitch tripped the system.
After reviewing historic flow information, the Commission consensus was to televise the following:
• Church Road-gravity sewer to the lift station,
• Deadwood Point Road to USH 151,
• Abler Road and Park Ridge Drive,
• Silica Road-from USH 151 to Abler Road, and
• USH 151.
1. Discuss completing remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement. The District’s legal counsel has the issue in process.
1. Discuss grinder pump maintenance costs. Foreign objects were flushed into a system causing a $1,708.00 repair bill to the pump. The Commission is awaiting an opinion from their legal counsel regarding the Commission’s ability to charge the user of individual grinder pumps for maintenance and repairs needed for neglectful use of the system. In the meantime, the Commission will submit the bill as a claim against their equipment breakdown insurance coverage, subject to a $500.00 deductible. Repairs caused by negligent use will be billed to the homeowner.
2. Review and action pertaining to investments. The BAN Debt Service Reserve Fund CD has matured. John Rickert motioned to reinvest the $207,229.15 in a CD at Bank Mutual, seconded by Mike Sabel. Motion carried (2-0-1 absent).
3. Approval of bills. John Rickert moved to approve the bills (order nos. 16-24) totaling $74,342.76, and to authorized the
• Transfer of $74,000.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer $538.25 from the Operations/Inspection Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer $39,245.31 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• Transfer $2,029.93 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
The motion was seconded by Mike Sabel. Motion carried (2-0-1 absent).
Public Comment. Mike Nett informed the Commission that he is not comfortable with the provision that Lot 23 would need to re-connect into the sewer along Fine View Road when and if the sewer is ever built. Mr. Nett also reinstated his request to allow a private interceptor due to the 8” stub being located at the edge of the asphalt roadway. The Commission will re-address Mr. Nett’s requests at their April meeting.
Adjournment. John Rickert moved to adjourn the meeting at 5:20 p.m., seconded by Mike Sabel. Motion carried (2-0-1 absent).
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home