Monday, June 7 2010
TIME: 5:15 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Review and possible award(s) of the salt storage building bids.
3. Public comment.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Town Board of the Town of Taycheedah met for a Special Meeting on Monday, June 7th, 2010, at 5:15 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall. Members present were Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors James Rosenthal, Mike Wirtz, Tim Simon and Clarence Kraus. Also present were Clerk Brenda Schneider and Road Maintenance Supervisor Mike Sabel.
1. Call to order. Chairman Guelig called the meeting to order at 5:16 p.m.
2. Review and possible award(s) of the salt storage building bids. Karr-Bach Construction was the lowest bidder for Options 1, 3, 4, and 5. Pinno Construction was the lowest bidder for Option 2 (concrete base only).
The Board discussed Karr-Bach’s Option 5 bid of $58,500.00 (concrete base, wood structure less siding/facia and blocking). Karr-Bach has verbally stated that the bid amount includes a door opener.
The Board discussed insurance coverage, donated labor and installing a wood service door in place of a steel door. Chairman Guelig will contact the Town’s insurance agent regarding covering volunteers.
Jerry Guelig motioned to award Option 5 to Karr-Bach Builders for $58,500, under the condition that the door opener is included and under the condition that the Town’s insurance will cover volunteer/donated labor, seconded by Jim Rosenthal. Motion carried (3-2). Nay-Clarence Kraus, Tim Simon.
3. Discuss plowing contracts. A draft agreement between the Town of Forest and the Town of Taycheedah is ready for presentation to the Town of Forest. Staff discussed the liability implications with the agreement between the Town of Marshfield and the Town of Taycheedah. Further discussion will occur at a future meeting.
4. Public Comment. Clarence Kraus questioned to status of the Mike Blanck complaint and the sewer leak at the Fisherman’s Road Boat Launch bathroom.
5. Adjournment. Jerry Guelig motioned to adjourn the meeting at 6:12 p.m., seconded by Mike Wirtz. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home