Board of Appeals
Monday, May 24 2010
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Zoning Board of Appeals of the Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, will conduct a public hearing at the Taycheedah Town Hall, W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway, on Monday, May 24th, 2010, at 7:00 p.m., for the purpose of considering a variance application submitted by Mark & Lori Lisowe. The Lisowes request an exception to Town of Taycheedah Code of Ordinances, Section 13-1-80(a)(1), Existing Nonconforming Uses, and Section 13-1-24(f)(3)(b), Highway Setback Lines. The Lisowes propose to construct an addition to the attached garage on their home. The existing structure lacks sufficient front setback to comply with the ordinance. The property is located at N7752 Seven Hills Road.
All affected and interested parties are encouraged to attend and be heard.
A quorum of the Town Board members may be in attendance.
Brenda A. Schneider
Secretary of Appeals Board
The Town of Taycheedah Board of Appeals conducted a public hearing on Monday, May 24th, 2010, on behalf of Mark & Lori Lisowe. Mr. & Mrs. Lisowe request a variance to Sect. 13-1-80(a)(1), Existing Non-conforming Uses; and Section 13-1-24(f)(3)(b), Highway Setback Lines, of the Town of Taycheedah's Code of Ordinances, to allow for the enlargement of a nonconforming structure with a reduced front setback.
Members present were John Buechel, Tom Friess, Gale Burg and Jason Meyer. The Secretary, Brenda Schneider, recorded the hearing and took notes.
Member John Buechel called the hearing to order. The Secretary read the notice.
Mark Lisowe was sworn in. His testimony and responses to Board of Appeals members' questions were as follows:
• He proposes to build a 24' x 18' attached garage.
• The garage would extend 18 feet to the west and 6 feet to the north further than the existing garage.
• The sidewalls will be 8 feet.
• The roof pitch will be 5:12.
• The garage will have 4 foot frost walls and a poured floor.
• The project will not further impede upon the front setback.
• Their current attached garage is being used for one vehicle. They are currently using a dilapidated shed a distance away from the house for truck parking.
• They plan to demolish the existing garage and build a new attached garage.
• The minimum front setback is 63 feet from the centerline. The home has a 52 foot front setback.
Neighbors spoke in support of the variance.
Gale Burg motioned to approve the variance requested for an attached garage, as presented, to a home with a 52 foot front setback. The motion was seconded by Jason Meyer.
Roll Call vote:
Gale Burg aye John Buechel aye
Jason Meyer aye Tom Friess aye Motion failed (4-0).
Gale Burg motioned to adjourn at 7:19 p.m., seconded by Tom Friess. Motion carried (4-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home