Board of Appeals
Monday, May 24 2010
TIME: 8:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Zoning Board of Appeals of the Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, will conduct a public hearing at the Taycheedah Town Hall, W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway, on Monday, May 24th, 2010, at 8:00 p.m., for the purpose of considering a variance application submitted by Arthur Gilbert. Mr. Gilbert requests an exception to Town of Taycheedah Code of Ordinances, Section 13-1-80(a)(1), Existing Nonconforming Uses, and Section 13-1-24(f)(3)(b), Highway Setback Lines. Mr. Gilbert proposes to construct an attached garage on his home. The existing structure lacks sufficient front setback to comply with the ordinance. The property is located at W4808 Golf Course Drive.
All affected and interested parties are encouraged to attend and be heard.
A quorum of the Town Board members may be in attendance.
Brenda A. Schneider
Secretary of Appeals Board
The Town of Taycheedah Board of Appeals conducted a public hearing on Monday, May 24th, 2010, on behalf of Arthur Gilbert. Mr. Gilbert requests a variance to Sect. 13-1-80(a)(1), Existing Non-conforming Uses; and Section 13-1-24(f)(3)(b), Highway Setbacks Lines, of the Town of Taycheedah's Code of Ordinances, to allow for the enlargement of a nonconforming structure with a reduced front setback.
Members present were Chairman Jim Rosenthal, John Buechel, Tom Friess, Gale Burg and Jason Meyer. The Secretary, Brenda Schneider, taped recorded the hearing and took notes.
The Chairman called the hearing to order at 8:00 p.m. The Secretary read the notice.
Arthur Gilbert was sworn in. His testimony and responses to Board of Appeals members' questions were as follows:
• The porch of his home is located 6 feet from the right-of-way line of Golf Course Drive. The home, excluding porch, is 9 feet from the right-of-way.
• He proposes to build a 28' x 36' attached garage.
• The sidewalls will be 12 feet.
• The garage will have 4 foot frost walls on three sides.
• The 10' x 12' detached structure will remain. The 21' x 29' 6" detached structure will be removed.
• The property is a corner lot. The setback from Winnebago Street to the proposed attached garage will be approximately 101 feet.
• He has budgeted $18,000 for the garage. It was noted that the value of improvements is $83,000.
• Fond du Lac County Shoreland Zoning has issued a permit.
No one appeared to support or object to the variance.
Tom Friess motioned to approve the variance requested for an attached garage to be built onto a non-conforming structure with a 6 foot front setback from the right-of-way. The motion was seconded by John Buechel.
Roll call vote:
Jason Meyer aye
Tom Friess aye
Gale Burg aye
John Buechel aye
Jim Rosenthal aye Motion carried (5-0).
Mr. Gilbert was informed that construction must substantially begin within six months.
John Buechel motioned to adjourn at 8:17 p.m., seconded by Gale Burg. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home