Board of Appeals
Monday, June 21 2010
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Zoning Board of Appeals of the Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, will conduct a public hearing at the Taycheedah Town Hall, W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway, on Monday, June 21st, 2010, at 7:00 p.m., for the purpose of considering a variance application submitted by Doug & Cindy Simon. The Simons request an exception to Town of Taycheedah Code of Ordinances, Section 13-1-80(a)(1), Existing Nonconforming Uses, and Section 13-1-24(f)(3)(b), Highway Setback Lines. The Simons propose to construct an addition on their home. The existing structure lacks sufficient front setback to comply with the ordinance. The property is located at
W3778 CTH WH.
All affected and interested parties are encouraged to attend and be heard.
A quorum of the Town Board members may be in attendance.
Brenda A. Schneider
Secretary of Appeals Board
The Town of Taycheedah Board of Appeals conducted a public hearing on Monday, June 21, 2010, on behalf of Doug & Cindy Simon. Mr. & Mrs. Simon requests a variance to Sect. 13-1-80(a)(1), Existing Non-conforming Uses; and Section 13-1-24(f)(3)(b), Highway Setback Lines, of the Town of Taycheedah's Code of Ordinances, to allow for the enlargement of a nonconforming structure with a reduced front setback. Teh Simon property is located at W3778 CTH WH.
Members present were Chairman James Rosenthal, John Buechel, Tom Friess, Gale Burg and Jason Meyer. The Secretary, Brenda Schneider, taped recorded the hearing and took notes.
The Chairman called the hearing to order at 7:00 pm. The Secretary read the notice.
Douglas Simon was sworn in. His testimony and responses to Board of Appeals members' questions were as follows:
• The house currently has a small garage and an adjacent room at the back of the home.
• The adjacent room is not heated or air-conditioned.
• The room does not have footings.
• He plans to demolish the garage and room.
• He proposes to build a 20' x 20' addition to the home that would include a garage of the same size as the existing garage and living space.
• He plans to build a pitched roof. The existing roof is flat rubber.
• The existing one-car garage has a foundation; however, he plans to replace it.
• The house is located 70 feet from the center of the road.
• The one-car garage is 85 feet from the center of the road.
• The deck is not planned to change.
• The proposed structure will meet the minimum side and rear setbacks.
• The driveway is not planned to change.
• He plans to re-use the existing garage door.
• The approximate cost of the project, including the siding is $31,000. The fair market value of the improvements is $135,900.
No one appeared to speak in support or opposition to the variance.
Gale Burg motioned to approve a variance for an addition to a non-conforming structure as presented, noting that the structure will not further encroach the minimum setbacks, seconded by John Buechel.
Roll call vote:
Jason Meyer aye
Tom Friess aye
Gale Burg aye
John Buechel aye
Jim Rosenthal aye Motion carried (5-0).
Mr. Simon was informed that construction must substantially begin within six months.
John Buechel motioned to adjourn at 7:12 p.m., seconded by Gale Burg. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home