Board of Appeals
Monday, June 21 2010
TIME: 8:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Zoning Board of Appeals of the Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, will conduct a public hearing at the Taycheedah Town Hall, W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway, on Monday, June 21st, 2010, at 8:00 p.m., for the purpose of considering a variance request submitted by Joe Ziegler. Mr. Ziegler requests a variance to Section 13-1-101(u), Signs, Canopies, Awnings and Billboards, of the Town of Taycheedah Code of Ordinances, for an exception to the prohibition of roof signs. The property is located at N7645 N. Peebles Lane.
All affected and interested parties are encouraged to attend and be heard.
A quorum of the Town Board members may be in attendance.
Brenda A. Schneider
Secretary of Appeals Board
The Town of Taycheedah Board of Appeals conducted a public hearing on Monday, June 21, 2010, on behalf of Joe Ziegler's request for a variance to Section 13-1-101(u), Signs, Canopies, Awnings and Billboards, of the Town of Taycheedah's Code of Ordinances, to allow for rooftop signs.
Members present were Chairman James Rosenthal, John Buechel, Tom Friess, Gale Burg and Jason Meyer. The Secretary, Brenda Schneider, taped recorded the hearing and took notes.
The Chairman called the hearing to order at 8:05 pm. The Secretary read the notice.
Joseph L Ziegler was sworn in. His testimony and responses to the Board of Appeals members' questions were as follows:
• Ziegler bought the former Frank Nett Feed Mill in December of 2009.
• He plans retail business for the structure.
• A portion of the structure lacks sufficient wall space for wall signs.
• The store front areas of the structure has a covered roof. The area under the porch roof is all windows and doors.
• He proposes 3' x 20' roof signs. Three foot high signs would blend in well with the secondary eave line of the structure. The top of the signs would be approximately 8 feet below the roof peak height.
• The main portion of the structure would have sufficient space for a wall sign. He may consider a wall sign on the south end of the building.
• He proposes three signs on the wing portion of the building. The signs would face toward the existing commercial property across Peebles Lane.
• He doesn't plan on erecting any ground signs.
• A 10-15 amp circuit is planned for lighting. The signs would be lighted from the inside of the sign.
• He is planning for lighting in the evening for the parking lot. There are three existing poles with lights. These lights are currently being operated by a timer.
• There are canopy lights under the porch and lights at the rear entrances.
• He doesn't expect hours of operation to be beyond 10 pm.
No one appeared in support or opposition of the variance requested.
John Buechel motioned to approve the variance requested for a maximum of four roof signs not to exceed 4' x 20', with illumination per ordinance requirements and with proper bracing, seconded by Gale Burg.
Roll call vote of the original motion:
Jason Meyer aye
Gale Burg aye
John Buechel aye
Tom Friess aye
Jim Rosenthal aye Motion carried unanimously.
Tom Friess motioned to adjourn at 8:33 p.m., seconded by Jason Meyer. Motion carried.
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home