Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, July 6 2010
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 6/1/10 and 6/16/10 meetings.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Status report on the Meyer Court sewer extension construction project.
5. Discuss charging a fee for special meetings requested by citizens.
6. Approval of District bills.
7. Review Debt Service Account.
8. Schedule the next meeting.
9. Commissioners’ reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, July 6th, 2010, for the purpose of conducting their July monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz and Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present was Eric Otte, J.E. Arthur & Associates.
1. Call to order. President Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m.
2. Approval of minutes of the 6/1/10 and 6/16/10 meetings. Dennis Lefeber moved to approve the minutes of the 6/1/10 monthly meeting and 6/16/10 special meeting as presented, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0). Dennis Lefeber moved to accept and place on file the minutes of the 6/16/10 Meyer Court Pre-Construction Meeting, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Discuss operational issues. One of the pumps has been down in the Cty. Q lift station for nearly a week. The system reports that the seal may be bad and that water may be getting into the motor. Dennis Lefeber motioned to purchase a new pump from LW Allen and to repair the current pump to be used as a standby, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0). It was reported by Brian Schmitz, via phone call, that LW Allen recommends an adjustment to the computerized system. They believe the pump may not need repair. They also estimated the cost of a new pump to be approximately $12,000.00.
The Commission discussed past complaints regarding odor in the Johnsburg Road/Schumacher Road area; particularly during northerly wind conditions. Mr. Otte believes the problem is caused by the long force main between the Cty. Q lift station and the discharge manhole at Johnsburg Road/Schumacher Road. The waste in the force main does not move for long periods of time and therefore, does not get air; which turns it into an anaerobic state. The sulfuric acid created by such waste creates odor and eats concrete.
Mr. Otte discussed several possible solutions, which include chemical additives, charcoal filters, more air release structures, and installation of a check valve at the outlet point and at the end of the force main. Eric offered to study the District’s system and present a recommendation. The Commission agreed to poll the neighborhood regarding their current opinion on the matter prior to authorizing a study.
4. Status report on the Meyer Court sewer extension construction project. The following report was presented by Eric Otte:
• Construction has been completed to satisfaction.
• REC Engineering has been provided the necessary information for the compilation of the as built maps.
• JE Arthur is in the process of compiling the lateral cards.
• Deflection testing and televising cannot be completed until July 22nd or later, per the District’s ordinance.
• The easements revised based upon Attorney St. Peter’s recommendations have yet to be received executed. Steve Oestrich questioned the restriction noted that utilities could not be built with the easement area yet he will need to cross the area with his lateral. Attorney St. Peter’s response to the question has yet to be received.
• The punchlist of items to be completed prior to acceptance of substantial completion are as follows:
o Complete testing,
o Complete and submit as built maps,
o Complete final restoration, and
o Execute and submit easements.
Dennis Lefeber departed the meeting at this time.
• No connections will be permitted until the Commission accepts substantial completion.
• Jason & Jolene Meyer have requested approval of an escrow account withdrawal.
Ken Schneider motioned to adopt the policy that pay requests made via the escrow account will be made after review and approval of detailed invoices by JE Arthur with 5% to be retained, seconded by Franz Schmitz. Motion carried (2-0-1 absent).
July 6th, 2010 Johnsburg Sanitary District 2.
5. Discuss charging a fee for special meetings requested by citizens. Pursuant to the minutes of the June 9th, 2006 meeting, the Commission took formal action to charge a $200.00 fee for special meetings requested by individuals. It was noted that the ordinance has yet to be revised to incorporate the fee requirement. The matter will be addressed at the August meeting.
6. Approval of District bills. Ken Schneider motioned to approve the bills totaling $3,400.55, which excludes $715 for preliminary audit work performed by Schenck Business Solutions prior to the denial of the Letter of Understanding for such work, and to authorize the following transfers:
• $3,150.00 from the User Charge Account to the Regular Checking Account, and
• $269.13 from the Inspections Account to the Regular Checking Account.
The motion was seconded by Franz Schmitz. Motion carried (2-0-1 absent).
7. Review the Debt Service Account. The financial position of the Debt Service Account in relationship to the expected revenue and anticipated debt payments was reviewed and deemed more than satisfactory.
8. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be on Tuesday, August 3rd, and September 7th, at 10:00 a.m. The next quarterly joint meeting of the sanitary districts is July 22nd.
9. Commissioners’ reports and comments. Commissioners will be informed of special meetings within 1-2 days of being scheduled.
Karen Schwengels, TSD#1, has been diligently monitoring the Winnebago Drive project. TSD#1 is compensating her for her time. The District will be expected to reimburse TSD#1 for a portion of her compensation.
10. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 12:12 p.m.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home