Monday, July 26 2010
TIME: 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Special Business Meeting
1. Call to order.
2. Consideration and possible approval of Class B Liquor/Beer licenses.
3. Review and possible award of the Lakeview Road asphalt resurfacing bids.
4. Public comment.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Town Board of the Town of Taycheedah met for a Special Meeting on Monday, July 26th, 2010, at 5:00 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall. Members present were Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors James Rosenthal (tardy), Mike Wirtz, Tim Simon and Clarence Kraus. Also present was Clerk Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Guelig called the meeting to order at 5:03 p.m.
2. Consideration and possible approval of Class B Liquor/Beer licenses. The Town currently has one available Regular Class B Liquor/Beer License and one Reserved Class B Liquor/Beer License. Linstrom’s Catering, LLC and Gift N’ Gab have applied for the Regular Class B Liquor/Beer License.
Jerry Guelig motioned to approve the license application submitted by Linstrom’s. Motion died for lack of a second.
Linstroms are operating Seasons By Linstrom; a restaurant in the former Peebles Plaza. They cannot serve alcohol until they have a license.
Michelle Ziegler plans to open Gift N’ Gab on September 13th. It will be a coffee shop/gift shop to be located in the former Frank Nett Co. building. She plans to offer wine tasting events and sell gift baskets containing alcohol during limited hours.
There was uncertainty as to following issues:
• Ziegler filed her application two days before Linstroms.
• Linstrom was approved for a license during the previous licensing year; however, they failed to submit certificates of completion for the Responsible Beverage Server course. The license expired before it was ever issued. The Linstroms also failed to submit the license renewal application form prior to the deadline. The Board questioned if their application should be treated as a renewal application or an original application and whether or not they should be given special consideration due to the previous license approval.
• One license was recently renewed for an establishment that did not operate during the previous licensing year. The extension of the demolition order expires September 17th. The license could be revoked.
Jim Rosenthal arrived at 5:27 p.m.
Chairman Guelig will contact Attorney John St. Peter regarding the matter. Formal action was postponed to a special meeting to be held on Monday, August 2nd, 2010, at 5:00 p.m.
3. Review and possible award of the Lakeview Road asphalt resurfacing bids. Northeast Asphalt was the only bidder on the project. Their bids were as follows:
• $37,742.25 1.5” overlay
• $71,090.59 pulverize and re-pave with 3.5” of asphalt
No action was taken. The Board discussed wedging three problem areas and postponing pulverizing and re-surfacing until next year.
4. Public Comment. Clarence Kraus questioned the planned timing of the culvert work on Johnsburg Road. The topic will be added to the August 9th meeting agenda.
5. Adjournment. Jerry Guelig motioned to adjourn the meeting at 5:39 p.m., seconded by Mike Wirtz. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home