Monday, August 2 2010
TIME: 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Consideration and possible approval of Class B Liquor/Beer licenses.
3. Review and possible award of the Lakeview Road asphalt resurfacing bids.
4. Public comment.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Town Board of the Town of Taycheedah met for a Special Meeting on Monday, August 2nd, 2010, at 5:00 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall. Members present were Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors James Rosenthal, Mike Wirtz, Tim Simon and Clarence Kraus. Also present was Clerk Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Guelig called the meeting to order at 5:03 p.m.
2. Consideration and possible approval of Class B Liquor/Beer licenses. The Town currently has one available Regular Class B Liquor/Beer License and one Reserved Class B Liquor/Beer License. Linstrom’s Catering, LLC and Gift N’ Gab had applied for the Regular Class B Liquor/Beer License. Gift N’ Gab has subsequently filed an application for a Class B Beer License and a Class C Wine License.
A memo from Attorney John St. Peter, dated 7/30/10, was distributed to the Board members and the applicants. The legal opinion was requested due to questions that arose during the July 26th, 2010, meeting.
Clarence Kraus motioned to approve the Class B Liquor/Beer License application submitted by Linstroms Catering, LLC, seconded by Jerry Guelig. Motion carried (5-0).
Jerry Guelig motioned to deny the Class B Liquor/Beer License application submitted by Gift N’ Gab, seconded by Jim Rosenthal. Motion carried (5-0).
The Board will conduct a special meeting on Monday, August 16th, 2010, at 5:00 p.m., to consider Gift N’ Gab’s Class B Beer and Class C Wine License application.
3. Review and possible award of the Lakeview Road asphalt resurfacing bids. Northeast Asphalt was the only bidder on the project. Their bids were as follows:
• $37,742.25 1.5” overlay
• $71,090.59 pulverize and re-pave with 3.5” of asphalt
The Board reviewed the bid information. The 1.5” overlay work does not appear to include wedging. Jim Rosenthal motioned to accept Northeast Asphalt’s bid of $37,742.25 for 1.5” overlay with a condition that any additional cost for wedging does not exceed $6,000.00, seconded by Mike Wirtz. Motion carried (4-0). Tim Simon abstained.
4. Public Comment. The hole at the east side of the bathrooms at Fisherman’s Road still needs to be filled and the Board still needs to obtain replacement bonds from the developers that have yet to complete their road construction projects.
5. Adjournment. Jerry Guelig motioned to adjourn the meeting at 5:18 p.m., seconded by Clarence Kraus. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home