Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, August 3 2010
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 7/6/10 meeting.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Status report on the Meyer Court sewer extension construction project.
5. Consideration and possible acceptance of three easements requested along Meyer Court.
6. Discuss charging a fee for special meetings requested by citizens.
7. Discuss notification of the user charge billing to new connections.
8. Approval of District bills.
9. Review Debt Service Account.
10. Schedule the next meeting.
11. Commissioners’ reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010, for the purpose of conducting their August monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz and Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. President Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:03 a.m.
2. Approval of minutes of the 7/6/10 meeting. Ken Schneider moved to approve the minutes of the 7/6/10 meeting, with a correction to the vote count pertaining to the repair of a pump and the date of the September meeting, seconded by Dennis Lefeber. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Discuss operational issues. The District has experienced a slight spike in flows that could be attributable to additional seasonal activity at the Athletic Club and the parish grounds. The Outlying Sewer Group will discuss loading telemetry information into their website at their semi-annual meeting in September.
One of the pumps went down in the Cty. Q lift station around July 1st. LW Allen determined that repair to the pump was not needed; the failure was due to a sensor being set too low. The sensor has been adjusted. Instead, Allen proposed replacing the outer mechanical seal and continue to monitor its’ operation. No action was taken.
4. Status report on the Meyer Court sewer extension construction project. The testing has been completed, the easements have been executed and submitted, the record drawings have been received and restoration is ongoing at this time. Eric Otte, JE Arthur & Associates, recommends acceptance of substantial completion; which would begin the one year warrantee period and would now allow connections to the system. Dennis Lefeber moved to accept the Meyer Court sewer extension as substantially complete, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
5. Consideration and possible acceptance of three easements requested along Meyer Court. Ken Schneider moved to accept the easements as submitted and authorize their recording in the Office of the Fond du Lac County Register of Deeds, seconded by Dennis Lefeber. Motion carried (3-0).
6. Discuss charging a fee for special meetings requested by citizens. Pursuant to the minutes of the June 9th, 2006 meeting, the Commission took formal action to charge a $200.00 fee for special meetings requested by individuals. It was noted that the ordinance has yet to be revised to incorporate the fee requirement. Proposed ordinance revisions will be considered at the September meeting.
7. Discuss notification of the user charge billing to new connections. A memo will be compiled for distribution with the sewer connection application form.
8. Approval of District bills. Dennis Lefeber motioned to approve the bills totaling $5,649.10 (order nos. 56-66) and to authorize the following transfer:
• $5,600.00 from the User Charge Account to the Regular Checking Account.
The motion was seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
9. Review the Debt Service Account. The financial position of the Debt Service Account in relationship to the expected revenue and anticipated debt payments was reviewed and deemed more than satisfactory. The Commission will consider submitting a payment to be applied as additional principal on the loan supported by the property tax at their September meeting.
10. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be on Tuesday, September 7th, at 10:00 a.m.
11. Commissioners’ reports and comments. Ken Schneider began polling his neighbors. He was told that odor in the Mengel Hill area is noticeable when there is a northern wind. The residents have adjusted to it. The District could change the charcoal filters on the homes. The Schumacher Road area has yet to be polled.
Karen Schwengels, TSD#1, has been diligently monitoring the Winnebago Drive project. The contractor will begin the bridge piling work at Roosevelt Park on August 5th.
Home inspections will begin soon.
12. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:23 p.m.
August 3rd, 2010 Johnsburg Sanitary District 2.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home