Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, September 7 2010
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 8/2//10 meeting.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Status report on the Meyer Court sewer extension construction project.
5. Consideration and possible amendment to the Ordinance authorizing the charging of a fee for special meetings requested by citizens.
6. Approval of District bills.
7. Review Debt Service Account.
8. Schedule the next meeting.
9. Commissioners’ reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, September 7th, 2010, for the purpose of conducting their September monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz and Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. President Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:06 a.m.
2. Approval of minutes of the 8/3/10 meeting. Dennis Lefeber moved to approve the minutes of the 8/3/10 meeting, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Discuss operational issues. The District experienced a slight spike in flows in July that could be attributable to additional seasonal activity at the Athletic Club and the parish grounds.
One of the pumps went down in the Cty. Q lift station around July 1st. LW Allen determined that repair to the pump was not needed; the failure was due to a sensor being set too low. The sensor has been adjusted. Instead, LW Allen proposes replacing the outer mechanical seal and continued monitoring of its’ operation. An electrical technician believes it may not be necessary to change the outer seal. He suggested ongoing monitoring. No action was taken.
4. Status report on the Meyer Court sewer extension construction project. The testing has been completed, the easements have been executed, submitted and recorded, the record drawings have been received. Funds have been released from the account for all expenses with the exception of $37.00 to the District for legal fees; which have not yet been billed to the Meyers. The satisfactory completion of final restoration is questionable. It is also unknown if chimney seals were installed in the manholes. Eric Otte, JE Arthur & Associates, will be asked for a report.
The Meyers requested the Commission approve the release of the remaining funds in the escrow account. By industry standards, financial surety typically remains intact during the one year warranty period in the event a repair need arises during that period. Eric Otte, JE Arthur & Associates, will be asked for a recommendation regarding the request to release the funds. The Commission will further consider the request at their October meeting.
5. Consideration and possible amendment to the Ordinance authorizing the charging of a fee for special meetings requested by citizens. Dennis Lefeber motioned to approve Amendment No. 4; which would establish a $200 fee for special meetings requested by citizens for considering a matter that directly benefits those citizens, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
6. Approval of District bills. Dennis Lefeber motioned to approve the bills totaling $2,523.18 (order nos. 67-78) with the exception of the Schenck invoice and a reduction to $40.47 on the phone bill due to directory assistance calls billed but not placed, and to authorize the following transfers:
• $2,200.00 from the User Charge Account to the Regular Checking Account,
• $6,898.27 from User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• $559.32 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
The motion was seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
7. Review the Debt Service Account. The financial position of the Debt Service Account in relationship to the expected revenues and anticipated debt payments was reviewed and deemed more than satisfactory. Dennis Lefeber motioned to pay $30,160.00 in an additional principal payment toward the loan supported by the property tax levy, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
8. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be on Tuesday, October 5th. The OSG semi-annual meeting will be held on September 16th.
9. Commissioners’ reports and comments. The Commission expressed disappointment in the resignation of Sig Tomkalski, Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 Commissioner.
10. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:29 p.m.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home