Park & Rec Committee
Tuesday, October 26 2010
TIME: 6:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1) Discuss 2010 projects:
a) Budget review.
b) Hermanns Park maintenance and projects.
c) Kiekhaefer Park maintenance and projects.
d) Volunteer Workdays.
2) Discuss 2011 projects.
3) Public Comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Park & Rec. Advisory Council met on Tuesday, October 26, 2010, at 6:00 p.m., at the Town Hall. Present were Chairperson Earl Jewett, John Abler, James Bertram, Bob Roehrig, John Rickert, and Dave Sehloff. Absent were Ed Braun, Mike Wirtz, Janet Velasco, Tom Letkewicz, Cindi Goebel, Ed Schneider, Jason Meyer, Dustin Nalley and Gary Morgen. Also present was Janet French.
Chairmen Earl Jewett called the meeting to order at 6:05 p.m.
The minutes of September 23rd, 2010 were read and corrected to add John Abler as present. John Abler moved to approve the corrected minutes, seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried by voice vote.
1) Discuss 2010 projects
a) Budget Review: The budget was discussed for the coming year. The committee felt that adequate funding for the park budget is important for proper maintenance.
b) Hermanns Park Maintenance and projects:
(1) The sign is in for repair and will be reinforced with steel rods
(2) Earl Jewett will be getting containers to hold disposal bags for dog waste.
(3) The donated benches will be installed in 2011.
(4) The wood chips need to be replaced and will be a priority in 2011.
c) Kiekhaefer Park maintenance and projects:
(1) Donation Canisters will be built and painted this week by Ed Schneider. The committee decided that yellow would be the most visible color. The canisters will have a 4” diameter and inserted 17” into the ground in concrete. Donation information will be printed on the canisters. John Abler suggested a sign saying that the canisters will be emptied daily. The canisters will be located west of the kiosk.
(2) Some trail signs need replacing.
(3) The Work Day will be November 6. The items to be addressed will be installing more signs, removing buckthorn, and installing ski trail signs.
(4) Dale Driscoll from the snowmobile club wants to move the snowmobile trail to the north side of the burn pit. This will make grooming easier and reduce noise affecting near-by homes. The club would also like to exit the park from the east to Silica Rd. The snowmobile club will be responsible for trail clearing and grooming. This will have a 1 year trial basis. John Rickert moved to approve the trail changes, seconded by Bob Roehrig. Motion carried by voice vote.
(5) There is a possibility of cross country ski grooming equipment being available from the Kettle Moraine ski club. Chairman Earl Jewett will look into the possibility.
(6) Tiling still needs to be done on the main access trail. James Bertram offered to install tiling if 600’ of tiling is available.
(7) Horse trails need better marking. This was mentioned by riders using the trails. The horse trails will now be marked with yellow trail markers which will be made and installed by Bob Roehrig.
October 26, 2010 Park & Rec. Committee 2.
(8) Frisbee Golf was discussed. Concern was voiced that development could be too detrimental to the wooded areas and also that the golf may be too much of a conflict within the park with current uses. The committee would like to see a plan using the wayside and sled bowl. John Abler will contact the Disc Golf club.
2) Public Comment. None was presented.
3) Adjournment. A motion for adjournment was made by Bob Roehrig and seconded by John Rickert. The meeting was adjourned at 7:20 pm.
Respectfully submitted by Janet French
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home