Park & Rec Committee
Monday, November 22 2010
TIME: 5:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1) Review 2010 projects:
a) Budget review.
b) Hermanns Park maintenance and projects.
c) Kiekhaefer Park maintenance and projects.
d) Volunteer Workdays.
2) Discuss 2011 projects.
3) Public Comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Park & Rec. Advisory Council met on Monday, November 22nd, 2010, at 5:30 p.m., at the Town Hall. Present were Chairperson Earl Jewett, John Rickert, Mike Wirtz and Dave Sehloff. Absent were: John Abler, James Bertram, Bob Roehrig, Ed Braun, Janet Velasco, Tom Letkewicz, Cindi Goebel, Ed Schneider, Jason Meyer, Dustin Nalley and Gary Morgen.
Chairmen Earl Jewett called the meeting to order at 5:35 p.m.
1) Discuss 2010 projects
a) Budget Review: The proposed 2011 budget was discussed. Current 2011 allocations included the following:
• $4,000 for land purchase in Kiekhaefer Park,
• $2,000 for donated benches in Hermanns Park,
• $600.00 for woodchips and concrete in Hermanns Park, and
• $900.00 for the dumpster and materials for donation canisters.
It was noted that there is no allocation for electricity for the Kiekhaefer Park lights, signage, maintenance and repairs, much less projects.
The above noted allocations do not include the Fisherman’s Road Boat Launch. The Launch has its own budget.
Committee members were urged to attend the 11/29 Budget Hearing to voice their concerns.
b) Hermanns Park Maintenance and projects: No discussion took place regarding this item.
c) Kiekhaefer Park maintenance and projects: No discussion took place regarding this item.
d) Volunteer Workdays. No discussion took place regarding this item.
2) Discuss 2011 projects. No discussion took place regarding this item.
3) Public Comment. The Race the Lake organization would like to hold a bike race event in Kiekhaefer Park on August 20, 2011. The group will present their proposal to the Committee in the near future.
4) Adjournment. Chairman Jewett declared the meeting adjourned at 7:00 p.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, Clerk
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home