Annual Budget Hearing
Monday, November 29 2010
TIME: immediately following the Public Hearing
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Special Meeting of the Electors
FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on Monday, November 29, 2010, immediately following the completion of the budget hearing, a Special Town Meeting of the Electors will be held pursuant to Sec. 60.12(1)(c) of Wis. Stats., for the following purpose:
1. To authorize the purchase of 4 acres of land adjacent to Kiekhaefer Park.
2. To approve the total 2011 highway expenditures pursuant to Sec. 82.03 of Wis. Stats. if they exceed $5,000.00 per town highway miles (66.88 mi.@$5,000.00=$334,400.00).
3. To establish salaries of elected officials for the terms of office to begin in April, 2011, pursuant to Sec. 60.32 of Wis. Stats.
4. To adopt the 2010 town tax levy to be paid in 2011 pursuant to Sec. 60.10(1)(a) of Wis. Stats
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE ELECTORS
The Chairman called to order the Special Meeting of the Electors, pursuant to Section 60.12(1)(c) of Wis. Stats., at 9:45 p.m., for the purpose of authorizing the purchase of land, approving the salaries of elected officials, approving the 2011 Highway Expenditures, and adopting the 2011 tax levy.
1) To authorize the purchase of 4 acres of land adjacent to Kiekhaefer Parkway. The parcel of land abuts Kiekhaefer Park’s current boundary. The land is an integral part of the main trail system and has been used as part of the Park for decades.
• Mike Nett authorized the purchase of Parcel A as presented, consisting of 4.48 acres of land, at the agreed upon price of $1,000 per acre, seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried by a show-of-hands vote. Aye-31, Nay-1.
2) To approve the 2011 highway expenditures pursuant to Sec. 82.03 of Wis. Stat. if the proposed highway expenditures exceed $5,000 per town highway mile (66.88 mi.@$5,000=$334,400). The 2011 Proposed Budget establishes highway expenditures at $330,500.06. Therefore, no Elector approval was required pursuant to statute.
3) To establish salaries of elected officials for the terms of office to begin in April, 2011, pursuant to Sec. 60.32 of Wis. Stats. The 2011 Proposed Budget established the salaries of the elected officials for the term of office to begin in April, 2011. The following are the proposed salaries:
Chairman $7,514.00 per year 0% increase
Supervisors $3,757.00 per year 0% increase
Clerk $31,193.64 per year 2.02% increase
Treasurer $10,500.00 per year 0% increase
Assessor $13,776.40 per year 0% increase
Constable $500.00 per year 0% increase
• Motion by Dan Freund to freeze all salaries at the current level, seconded by Brian King. Motion carried by paper ballots. Aye-18, Nay-13, Abstention-1.
November 29th, 2010 2011 Budget 2.
4) To adopt the 2010 tax levy to be paid in 2011, pursuant to Sec. 60.10(1)(a) of Wis. Stats. The 2011 Budget proposed a tax levy of $405,068.00 for operations, the maximum allowed by State of Wisconsin imposed levy limits, and $84,036.91 for debt, for a total tax levy of $489,124.91.
• Bill Huck motioned to adopt an operational tax levy of $405,068.00 and a debt tax levy of $108,868.75, seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried by a show-of-hands vote. Aye-26, Nay-5, Abstention-1.
Neal Nett motioned to adjourn the Special Meeting of the Electors at 9:24 pm., seconded by Mike Sabel. Motion carried by a voice vote.
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home