Comprehensive Planning Committee
Tuesday, March 15 2011
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Committee will meet with consultant, Jeff Sanders, Community Planning & Consulting, LLC, to discuss the impact of the new Working Lands Program and necessary amendments to the Comprehensive Plan and the Code of Ordinances.
3. Public Comment.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Town of Taycheedah Comprehensive Planning Committee met on Tuesday, March 15th, 2011, at 6:30 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall. Members present at the meeting were: Ed Braun, Jerry Guelig, Tim Krawczyk, Neal Nett, Rebecca Ries, Brenda Schneider, Joe Thome and Mike Wirtz. Excused was: Joanne Thome. Also present were three interested parties.
1. Call to Order. Chairman Ed Braun called the meeting to order at 6:36 pm.
2. Committee will meet with consultant, Jeff Sanders, Community Planning & Consulting, LLC, to discuss the impact of the new Working Lands Program and necessary amendments to the Comprehensive Plan and the Code of Ordinances. The Town’s Zoning Ordinance needs to be revised in order to be consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
Participation in the Working Lands Initiative is voluntary and would need to be determined. Amendments to the Comprehensive Plan, the Zoning Ordinance, the Subdivision Ordinance, and the Master Zoning Map would also be required in order to maintain consistency with the Working Lands Initiative.
Individuals owning agricultural lands that decide to participate in the Working Lands Initiative will still be able to receive tax credits and will also be able to create up to four non-farm residential lots without having to rezone the land or amending the Town’s Comprehensive Plan. The ratio of non-farm lots must be 1:20. The Committee will need to determine the 1 component. A possibility would be 1 acre to every 20 acres.
Once the amendment process is complete, any agricultural land owner requesting a rezone will be subject to a conversion fee; which is three times the value of Grade 1 farmland in the Town per acre. The current conversion fee is $672 per acre. During the amendment process, the Town will have a one-time opportunity to rezone land from Exclusive Agriculture to another district without triggering the conversion fee.
An information meeting was scheduled for Tuesday, April 26th, at 7:30 p.m. All agricultural land owners will receive written notice of the meeting. The Committee will need to collect information from these landowners.
3. Public Comment. None presented.
4. Adjournment. Neal Nett moved to adjourn at 8:50 p.m., seconded by Mike Wirtz. Motion carried (8-0-1 absent).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home