Annual Meeting of the Electors
Tuesday, April 12 2011
TIME: 7:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Notice is hereby given that the Annual Town Meeting of the Electors will be conducted on
Tuesday, April 12th, 2011
at 7:30 p.m.,
at the Taycheedah Town Hall,
W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway, Fond du Lac
for the purpose of such business as is permitted by law. Wis. Stats. 60.10
An update on the Town’s stormwater permit requirements will be presented.
Dated this 23rd day of March, 2011.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Annual Meeting of the Electors of the Town of Taycheedah was held on Tuesday, April 12th, 2011, at 7:30 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall. Town Board members present were Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors Tim Simon, Mike Wirtz, Clarence Kraus and Jim Rosenthal, Clerk Brenda Schneider, Treasurer Kathy Diederich and Constable Bill Gius. Assessor Bill Huck was excused. Approximately 41 residents were in attendance.
The Town Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Copies of the minutes of the 2010 Annual Meeting, the 2010 Annual Report, 2010 Stormwater Annual Report and informational handouts regarding the use of pesticides and fertilizers were available for all attendees.
Marlys Welsch motioned to accept the minutes of the 2010 Annual Meeting as presented, seconded by Bill Spieker. Motion carried by voice vote.
Chairman Guelig made reference to the Town’s 2010 Stormwater Annual Report and the informational handouts.
The 2010 Financial Report was reviewed. The Board responded to numerous questions pertaining to the repair of roads, the borrowing of money, CD investments and sewage treatment plant capacity. Dan Freund motioned to sell the treatment plant capacity owned by the Town at the price paid when it was purchased in 1999. Motion died for lack of a second. The current Agreement between the City of Fond du Lac and the Outlying Sewer Group prohibits such sale. It was noted that the 2011-2013 proposed State Budget projects an estimated $42,000 loss in State aid beginning in 2012. This loss will further impact road projects. The Town may need to conduct a referendum election requesting approval to increase in the tax levy beyond the State imposed levy limit. Jim Bertram motioned to approve the 2010 Financial Report as presented, seconded by Bill Gius. Motion carried by voice vote.
Comments and questions presented by Electors were as follows:
• Bill Casper noted that the Town has compiled two Comprehensive Plans in the past 10 years. He reference Goal #19 pertaining to the preservation of the Niagara Escarpment. He added that in the citizen survey, 73% feel that preserving the Ledge is important or very important. Mr. Casper questioned why the Town hasn’t adopted a setback from the brow. Residents in support and opposition spoke to the question.
• A resident inquired about reducing the speed limit on Cody Road.
• Sarah Davis question why a Board member could serve as Chair of the Board of Appeals when in the past a different Board member was asked to step down when he was elected to the Board.
• Dan Freund referenced a letter he recently received from the Town. The letter pertains, in part, to planting crops in the right-of-way. He objected to the fact that the letter was not signed. Chairman Guelig signed Mr. Freund’s letter.
The letter also refers to the Town’s liability for trees located in the right-of-way. Wisconsin Statutes grant the abutting landowner the right to the wood generated by tree removal activities. Several years ago, the Town cut down a tree abutting his property. Mr. Freund stated he was not offered the wood. He requested payment for his lost wood.
Mr. Freund also referenced a discussion that occurred during the April Town Board meeting in regards to the ownership of Ledge stones located along Johnsburg Road. He noted that Mr. Fink was told he didn’t own the stones located in the right-of-way; however, he believes Mr. Fink should have been offered the stone.
Mr. Freund commented on the grader breakdown last winter by his barn. He was critical of how Town Road Maintenance staff handled the towing and repair of the grader and that hydraulic oil was dumped on his lawn.
• Al Schumacher criticized Road Maintenance staff for not cutting the ditches along Silica Road and Tower Road. Sara Davis suggested that the ditches could be cut before the weeds go to seed. Chairman Guelig informed the group that the Town now has a sprayer that can be used from the bed of the pick-up truck.
• The Board was asked to consider adopting an ordinance regulating over-night parking on Town property.
Bill Gius moved to adjourn the 2011 Annual Meeting of the Electors at 9:10 p.m., seconded by Jim Bertram. Motion carried by voice vote.
Brenda A. Schneider
At the conclusion of the Annual Meeting, the Oath of Office was administered to the following newly elected officials:
Jerome Guelig-Chairman Katherine Diederich-Treasurer
Tim Simon-Supervisor William Gius-Constable
Jim Rosenthal-Supervisor Jim Voight-Taycheedah Sanitary Dist. #1 Commissioner (4/19/11)
Brenda Schneider-Clerk William J Huck, Sr.-Assessor (5/9/11)
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home