Park & Rec Committee
Thursday, April 21 2011
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1) Call to order.
2) Approval of the minutes of the 3/1/11 meeting.
3) Discuss 2011 projects:
a) Hermanns Park maintenance and projects.
b) Kiekhaefer Park maintenance and projects.
c) Volunteer Workdays.
4) Review the Town of Taycheedah Outdoor Recreation and Open Space Plan.
5) Next meeting.
6) Public Comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Park & Rec. Advisory Council met on Thursday, April 21st, 2011, at 6:30 p.m., at the Town Hall. Present were Chairperson Earl Jewett, Ed Braun, and Bob Roehrig.
Chairmen Earl Jewett called the meeting to order at 6:35 p.m.
1) Discuss 2011 projects
a) Hermanns Park Maintenance and projects:
(1) The wood chips need to be replenished when dry enough.
b) Kiekhaefer Park maintenance and projects:
(1) Parks received full donations to purchase the JACA Swedish ski trail grooming equipment from Kettle Moraine Nordic Ski Club. KMSC also has an Alpine II used trail grooming snowmobile available. The Alpine II would be an excellent machine fully rigged for our equipment. The committee is attempting to sell our current snowmobile which is problematic for grooming to partially fund purchase. Earl will solicit additional donations. Brenda sent thank you cards to donors.
(2) The erosion on the steep bank near the Orville's Overlook observation deck was discussed. It was decided to put brush in the side area to discourage sliding and prevent further erosion.
(3) Some trail signs need replacing
(4) The Work Day will be April 30. The items to be addressed will be removing honeysuckle, litter pick up, and trail maintenance.
(5) Town residents have asked about plans for restoration of the new section of the snowmobile trail. No details were available.
(6) Bob Roehrig and Earl Jewett will continue to install trail markers and signs. Missing signs will be replaced.
(7) The mountain bike event was discussed. No communications have been received from the organizers.
2) Public Comment. None was presented
Next meeting will be conducted May 24, 2011.
3) Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 7:20 pm
Respectfully submitted by Earl Jewett
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home