Board of Appeals
Tuesday, June 7 2011
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Zoning Board of Appeals of the Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, will conduct a public hearing at the Taycheedah Town Hall, W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway, Fond du Lac, on Tuesday, June 7th, 2011, at 7:00 p.m., for the purpose of considering a variance request submitted by Michael & Judith Costello. The Costellos request an exception to Section 13-1-23(b), Street Frontage, of the Town of Taycheedah Code of Ordinances, for the approval of a lot with reduced street frontage. The property is located at W3798 Ledge Road.
All affected and interested parties are encouraged to attend and be heard.
The Town Board members may be in attendance.
Brenda A. Schneider
Board of Appeals Secretary
The Town of Taycheedah Board of Appeals conducted a public hearing on Tuesday, June 7th, 2011, on behalf of the Michael & Judith Costello. The Costellos request a variance to Sect. 13-1-23(b), Street Frontage, of the Town of Taycheedah's Code of Ordinances, to allow for a lot with reduced street frontage. Members present were Chairman Gale Burg, John Buechel, Jerome Bord and Jason Meyer. The Secretary, Brenda Schneider, recorded the hearing and took notes.
Chairman Burg called the public hearing to order at 7:09 p.m. The Secretary read the notice.
Michael J. Costello was sworn in. His testimony was as follows:
• The house and buildings are part of his second farm.
• He purchased the land from his parents in 1977.
• The parcel is 40 acres.
• His son is currently living in the house. He would like to sell seven acres of land with the house and buildings to his son.
• The parcel has approximately 34 feet of road frontage. The Zoning Code requires a minimum of 50 feet. The County Subdivision Ordinance requires a minimum of 30 feet.
• The land on both sides of the 34' strip is owned by others. He has not checked with Steve Simon or Leon Schneider to see if either would be interested in selling him some land.
• He owns a total of 80 acres in Section 33. The remainder of the land will be landlocked.
• The 34' strip contains a 500' private driveway that services the home and buildings. The driveway is privately maintained.
There was no additional testimony either in support of in opposition of the variance requested.
Brenda Schneider explained to the Board of Appeals that a certified survey map was received. In its' current form, the Town Board would have to deny the survey due to the lot failing to meet the minimum 50 foot street frontage requirement. Mr. Costello was informed that he had two options: purchase additional land or apply for a variance. If the Board of Appeals approved the variance request; the Town Board will be authorized to approve the certified survey map.
John Buechel motioned to grant the variance allowing for a 34.18 foot driveway/street frontage to become part of the certified survey map, on the grounds that the property was established prior to the Town of Taycheedah adopting a Town Zoning Ordinance and due to the fact that abutting agland owned by others is not available for Costello to purchase. The motion was seconded by Jason Meyer.
Roll call vote:
Jason Meyer aye
Jerome Bord aye
John Buechel aye
Gael Burg aye Motion carried unanimously.
John Buechel moved to adjourn the public hearing at 7:25 p.m., seconded by Jason Meyer. Motion carried (4-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home