Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, June 7 2011
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 5/3/11 meeting.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Approval of District bills.
5. Schedule the next meeting.
6. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, June 7th, 2011, for the purpose of conducting their June monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:01 a.m.
2. Approval of minutes of the 5/3/11 meeting. Dennis Lefeber motioned to approve the minutes of the May 3rd, 2011 meeting as presented, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Discuss operational issues. Brian Schmitz reports that flows have stabilized, but noted they are slightly elevated when compared to the same time last year.
The District has noticed significant increases in flows during periods of wet weather over the past couple of months. During the May meeting, Dennis Lefeber reported that he and Brian Schmitz performed site inspections of several manholes. They noticed a significant increase in flows from the manhole located at CTH Q & W and the manhole to the east located by Thome and Lefeber. Andy Karls was directed to perform home inspections in this area.
During the past four weeks, Andy Karls was able to inspect all but two structures located in the specified area. He noted finding nothing abnormal and will continue to attempt inspection of the remaining two homes.
It was also reported that the main installed in front of the Thome 6-unit apartment may be affected at some point by fuel contaminated soils.
The Commission will continue to monitor flows and perform manhole inspections as warranted during wet weather conditions. The Commission also discussed possibly televising a section of main next spring.
4. Approval of District bills. Ken Schneider motioned to approve the bills totaling $1,141.43 (order nos. 46-55), and to authorize the following transfer:
• $3,358.71 from the User Charge Account to the Regular Checking Account.
The motion was seconded by Dennis Lefeber. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda Schneider briefed the Commission that due to the addition of several RUEs, the District no longer needs to transfer 37% of the User Charge Revenue to the Debt Service Account in order to cover the loan payments. Her analysis indicates that 33% would be sufficient. Dennis Lefeber motioned to reduce the percentage of transfer from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account from 37% to 33%, effective 1/1/11, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
Dennis Lefeber moved to authorize the following transfer:
• $702.82 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
The motion was seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
5. Schedule the next meeting. Due to the 4th of July holiday and the Recall Election to be held July 12th, the Commission will not meet during the month of July. The next regular monthly meeting will be on Tuesday, August 2nd.
Dennis Lefeber moved to authorize Brenda Schneider to pay utility bills that would routinely be handled during the July meeting, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
6. Commissioners' reports and comments. Dennis Lefeber reported that the OSG Executive Committee has decided to discontinue semi-annual meetings of the full membership. Future membership meetings will be conducted on an annual basis yet to be determined.
Mr. Lefeber also reported that Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 has requested the OSG Technical Standards Committee review their O&M billing practices.
Ken Schneider reported that he did not notice any instances of odor during the past four weeks.
7. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:00 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home