Park & Rec Committee
Monday, July 18 2011
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1) Call to order.
2) Approve the minutes of the April 21st, 2011 meeting.
3) Discuss preparations for the Edge of the Ledge Adventure Bike Race to be held in Kiekhaefer Park on August 27th.
4) Public Comment.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Park & Rec. Advisory Council met on Monday, July 18th, 2011, at 6:30 p.m., at the Town Hall. Present were Chairperson Earl Jewett, Ed Braun, Dave Sehloff, John Abler, John Rickert and Bob Roehrig. Also present were Dave Hornung and Gloria West.
1) Call to order. Chairman Earl Jewett called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
2) Approve the minutes of the April 21st, 2011 meeting. Motion by Dave Sehloff, second by Bob Roehrig, to approve the minutes of the April 21st meeting as presented. Motion carried unanimously.
3) Discuss preparations for he Edge the Ledge Adventure Bike Race to be held in Kiekhaefer Park on August 27th. Dave Hornung and Gloria West discussed the following details with the Committee:
• Edge the Ledge was originally planned as a bike race. However, due to the short distance, the race will be a running event with obstacles along the course.
• The course will be almost three miles.
• Derek Taushner, TNT Fitness, has joined the planning committee.
• Minimum age will be 16.
• Teams are encouraged to wear costumes.
• A certificate of insurance will be submitted to the Town.
• A water source will be needed for rinsing.
• Parking will be in the Park parking lot, the Town Hall property and the Scenic Overlook. Parking will be prohibited along the south side of Kiekhaefer Parkway. Gloria will provide volunteers to assist with parking.
• Registration will be from 7-8 am and the race will start at 8.
• They expect to be cleaned-up and out of the Park by noon.
• The race will be limited to 300 participants.
• Electricity will be needed. If not already available, a temporary service will be installed at the parking lot light post.
• They hope to create a mud pit. It was suggested they use a tarp and sandbags.
4) Public Comment. Dave Hornung is in the process of compiling a trail map.
• The Town is in the process of purchasing a replacement mower.
• The new snowmobile trail appears well compacted and the grass seed has germinated quite well.
• Tube run erosion.
• Solicit clubs for volunteer labor and corporations for donations.
• Bob Roehrig will remake the trail designations signs.
• Tree lodge is under construction.
• Gravel on the steep trail is eroding.
Next meeting will be conducted September 8th, 2011. The meeting planned for August 9th was cancelled.
5) Adjournment. Motion by Bob Roehrig, seconded by John Abler, to adjourn at 7:28 pm
Respectfully submitted by Brenda Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home