Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, October 11 2011
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 8/2/11 meeting.
3. Consideration and possible approval of the updated Security Vulnerability Self-Assessment Guide for Wastewater Systems.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Approval of District bills.
6. Schedule the next meeting.
7. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, October 11th, 2011, for the purpose of conducting their September/October monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 8/2/11 meeting. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the minutes of the August 2nd, 2011 meeting as presented. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Consideration and possible approval of the updated Security Vulnerability Self-Assessment Guide for Wastewater Systems. The Guide is a Rural Development requirement. The update was completed, at no charge, by Wisconsin Community Assistance Program, a department of Wisconsin Community Action Program Association. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the Security Vulnerability Self-Assessment Guide and to authorize President Schmitz to sign the certification. Motion carried (3-0).
4. Discuss operational issues. Andy Karls will continue performing home inspections within the next couple of weeks.
Commission discussed inspecting, and possibly painting, the system's air vents. The Commission also needs to be alert to landscape plantings, tall grasses and trees that could obstruct air passage. Bruce Sheeley will be asked for a quote to paint the vents.
5. Approval of District bills. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to approve the September bills totaling $787.84 (order nos. 72-81) and the October bills totaling $358.64 (order nos. 82-87), and to authorize the following:
• Transfer of $1,278.17 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer of $14,075.54 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• Transfer of $662.37 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
After review of the Debt Service Account, motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to pay $11,224.00 to Rural Development as an additional principal payment toward the debt supported by the property tax. Motion carried (3-0).
6. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be conducted on Thursday, November 3rd, at 4:00 p.m. The next Joint Sanitary District meeting will be held on Thursday, November 3rd, at 5:00 p.m.
7. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 10:43 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home