Johnsburg Sanitary District
Thursday, November 3 2011
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 10/11/11 meeting.
3. Establish the 2011 property tax levy to be paid in 2012.
4. Consideration and possible approval of a Grievance Policy.
5. Discuss operational issues.
6. Approval of District bills.
7. Review investments.
8. Schedule the next meeting.
9. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Thursday, November 3rd, 2011, for the purpose of conducting their November monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioner Ken Schneider and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Commissioner Dennis Lefeber was excused.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 4:00 p.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 10/11/11 meeting. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Franz Schmitz, to approve the minutes of the October 11th, 2011 meeting as presented. Motion carried (2-0-1 excused).
3. Establish the 2011 property tax levy to be paid in 2012. Historically, the Commission has levied $28,000 annually. However, the projected principal and interest balance as of 3/15/12 on the loan supported by the tax levy will be approximately $9,000. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Franz Schmitz to establish the 2011 levy at $9,000. Motion carried (2-0-1 excused).
4. Consideration and possible approval of a Grievance Policy. The State of Wisconsin recently passed legislation requiring all public entities to adopt a grievance policy. The policy presented has been through a legal review. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Franz Schmitz, to adopt the policy as presented. Motion carried (2-0-1 excused).
5. Discuss operational issues. Andy Karls will continue performing home inspections within the next couple of weeks.
The Klebars have been experiencing odor issues inside their home. They are working with a plumber to rectify the problem.
Ken Schneider obtained quotes for re-painting the vent pipes. The quotes ranged from $75-250 each. The Commission will have the vent pipes painted next spring.
6. Approval of District bills. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Franz Schmitz, to approve the bills totaling $2,108.07 (order nos. 88-94), and to authorize the following:
• Transfer of $1,950.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account, and
• Transfer of $1,482.00 from the User Charge Account to the RD Debt Reserve Account.
Motion carried (2-0-1 excused).
7. Review investments. Commission reviewed the status of the Debt Service Account. The account will contain sufficient funds to cover the December 1st loan payments; therefore, funds will not need to be redeemed from the CDs.
8. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, December 6th, at 10:00 a.m.
9. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 4:39 p.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home