Calumet Sanitary District, Town of Fond du Lac Sanitary District #2, Johnsburg Sanitary District,, Taycheedah Sanitary District #1, & Taycheedah Tow
Thursday, November 3 2011
TIME: 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Joint Quarterly Sanitary District Meeting
• Call to order.
• Roll call of participating members.
• Approval of the minutes of the July 28th, 2011 meeting.
• Winnebago Drive bridge project:
o Status of utility pole locations.
o Shared O&M related expenses.
• Shared sewer repair issues.
• Sewer User Ordinance compatibility.
• Sump pump connections/home inspections.
• Operation & Maintenance Agreements:
o Review bills:
2nd qt. 2011,
3rd qt. 2011.
• Town of Fond du Lac Sanitary District #2.
• OSG Executive Committee report.
• Public comment.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
A meeting of representatives of the Commissions of the Calumet Sanitary District, Fond du Lac Sanitary District No. 2, Johnsburg Sanitary District, Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1, and the Taycheedah Town Board was conducted on Thursday, November 3rd, 2011, at 5:00 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
Members present were:
Calumet Sanitary District (CSD): President Dick Wehner and Commissioners Alice Lemke and Dave Burg.
Fond du Lac Sanitary District No. 2 (FdL#2): Commissioner Bob Giese. Absent: President Brian Balson and Commissioner Tom Beltz.
Johnsburg Sanitary District (JSD): President Franz Schmitz and Commissioner Ken Schneider. Absent: Commissioner Dennis Lefeber.
Taycheedah Town Board: Absent: Chairman Jerry Guelig and Supervisors Tim Simon, Jim Rosenthal, Clarence Kraus, and Mike Wirtz.
Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 (TSD#1): President Mike Nett and Commissioners Jim Voight and Dennis Thome.
Also present: Kathy Diederich, Schenck Business Solutions and Town of Taycheedah Treasurer; Brenda Schneider, Taycheedah Town Clerk and Recording Secretary for Johnsburg Sanitary District and Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3; John Rickert, Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3 Commissioner; and Karen Schwengels, former Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 Commissioner.
The meeting was called to order at 5:20 p.m.
Approval of minutes of the last meeting:
John Rickert moved to approve the minutes of the July 28th, 2011 meeting, seconded by Jim Voight. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
WINNEBAGO DRIVE PROJECT
Status of Utility Pole Locations
• The poles have yet to be relocated.
• Alliant and TSD#1's attorney are communicating.
• The District will follow-up for a status report.
Shared O&M related expenses.
• The DOT sent the manhole adjustment bills for TSD#1 and FDL #2 to the Town of Taycheedah. TSD#1's bill is $8,505.69; and FDL#2's bill is $30,000+/-. Both districts contracted for televising and material clean-up after the DOT finished the project.
• FDL#2 plans to pay the manhole adjustment bill reduced by their expenses for televising and cleaning. The estimated cost was $6,000.
• TSD#1 recently paid the manhole adjustment bill in its entirety; but will pursue reimbursement from DOT for the televising and cleaning expenses.
• DOT has claimed that the districts cannot prove the debris came from the project.
• Karen Schwengels, TSD#1 Commissioner at that time, performed a final inspection manhole to manhole with several project representatives. During their inspection, they discovered numerous incidents of gravel and broken pieces of construction material at the bottom of manholes. The DOT rep indicated that Vinton would be the responsible party.
November 3rd, 2011 Joint Sanitary District 2.
• Bob Giese, FDL#2, lives in the neighborhood. He walked the construction area daily. On numerous occasions, he witnessed project material being dropped into manholes.
Other Shared Sewer repair issues.
TSD#1 experienced a force main leak between Gladstone and Brookhaven lift stations. The leak required a major emergency repair.
The valves on the Gladstone lift station were replaced by JF Ahern. There were no problems or issues encountered during the replacement. The bid for the two valves was approximately $15,000. TSD#1 will consider adjusting the allocation of costs based upon the amount of time used by the other districts.
The Winnebago Drive wet-well project is in the engineering stage.
Sewer User Ordinance Compatibility.
It was suggested that the districts design an ordinance that would be compatible and consistent from Calumet to TSD#1, and possibly beyond. The ordinance would address uniform home/sump pump inspections, uniform televising schedules and uniform maintenance plans. The City also created some new ordinance requirements that could be incorporated.
All the districts' ordinances have been posted on the Town of Taycheedah website.
A sub-committee comprised of the president of each district was authorized for the purpose of comparing ordinances and to report their findings to the group. The sub-committee has yet to meet.
Sump pump connections/home inspections
TSD#1 has used televising in an effort to concentrate on corrections to high-flows homes. They plan to begin house-to-house inspections soon.
CSD inspected their entire district a few years ago. The Commission is satisfied for the time being, but may repeat the inspections in the future.
Commissioner Jim Voight departed at this time.
JSD did 20% of their homes in 2010 and plans to complete another 20% of the homes by the end of the year.
TSD#3, John Rickert and Bud Sabel have inspected 125 homes since the first of the year. They found 27 violations. Homeowners were given 30 days to correct the violations.
The districts viewed a sample warning sticker to be applied to the outflow pipe of sump pumps.
Operations & Maintenance Agreements
Commissioner Bob Giese departed at this time.
TSD#1 dispersed 2nd quarter 2011 O&M bills.
November 3rd, 2011 Joint Sanitary District 3.
Kathy Diederich prepared a summary of all bills and payments to date for distribution to the districts.
Ms. Diederich as reviewed the anticipated 3rd quarter 2011 bills as follows:
• Total Energy Brookhaven & Gladstone lift stations preventative maint-generators $640.00
• Silica Plumbing Gladstone lift station replace check valve $143.30
• JF Ahern Gladstone lift station valve replacement (progress bill) $10,000
• G&H Trucking Gladstone lift station valve replacement $2,200
• Ziegelbauer Septic Gladstone lift station (3 bills) valve replacement $5,400
Dick Wehner departed at this time.
• Energenics Gladstone lift station $641.00
• Mengels Asphalt Linden Beach force main leak $2,300
• Mark Mand Excav. Linden Beach force main leak $3,896
• JF Ahern Linden Beach force main leak $1,445
No objections were stated; however, the districts questioned if the cost-share of the valve replacement and the force main leak expenses would be adjusted for years of use. Kathy Diederich will consult Ron Cunzenheim and apply his recommendation to the cost-share.
OSG Executive Committee report.
No report was given.
None was presented.
Schedule the next meetings.
Thursday, Jan. 26th, 2012 Taycheedah will provide refreshments
Thursday, April 26th, 2012 TSD#1 will provide refreshments
Thursday, July 26th, 2012 CSD will provide refreshments
Thursday, Oct. 25th, 2012 JSD will provide refreshments
Thursday, Jan. 24th, 2013 TSD#3 will provide refreshments
Mike Nett moved to adjourn at 6:39 p.m., seconded by Dennis Thome. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Brenda A. Schneider
Town of Taycheedah Clerk
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home