Special Meeting of the Electors
Monday, November 21 2011
TIME: immediately following the Budget Hearing
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on Monday, November 21, 2011, immediately following the completion of the budget hearing, a Special Town Meeting of the Electors will be held pursuant to Sec. 60.12(1)(c) of Wis. Stats., for the following purpose:
1. To approve the total 2012 highway expenditures pursuant to Sec. 82.03 of Wis. Stats. if they exceed $5,000.00 per town highway miles (66.88 mi.@$5,000.00=$334,400.00).
2. To establish salaries of elected officials for the terms of office to begin in April, 2012, pursuant to Sec. 60.32 of Wis. Stats.
4. To adopt the 2011 town tax levy to be paid in 2012 pursuant to Sec. 60.10(1)(a) of Wis. Stats.
Chairman Guelig called to order the Special Meeting of the Electors, pursuant to Section 60.12(1)(c) of Wis. Stats., at 7:52 p.m., for the purpose of approving the salaries of elected officials, approving the 2012 Highway Expenditures, and adopting the 2012 tax levy.
1) To approve the 2012 highway expenditures pursuant to Sec. 82.03 of Wis. Stat. if the proposed highway expenditures exceed $5,000 per town highway mile (66.88 mi.@$5,000=$334,400). The 2012 Proposed Budget projects highway expenditures to be $263,775.48. Therefore, no Elector approval was required pursuant to statute.
2) To establish salaries of elected officials for the terms of office to begin in April, 2012, pursuant to Sec. 60.32 of Wis. Stats. The 2012 Proposed Budget establishes the salaries of the elected officials for the term of office to begin in April, 2012. The following are the proposed salaries:
Supervisors $3,757.00 per year 0% increase
• Motion by Dan Freund to maintain the current supervisor salary of $3,757.00, seconded by Rebecca Ries. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
4) To adopt the 2011 tax levy to be paid in 2012, pursuant to Sec. 60.10(1)(a) of Wis. Stats. The 2012 Budget proposes a tax levy of $412,051.38 for operations, the maximum allowed by State of Wisconsin imposed levy limits, and $86,977.92 for debt, for a total tax levy of $499,029.30.
• Earl Jewett motioned to adopt an operational tax levy of $412,051.38 and a debt tax levy of $86,977.92, seconded by Jim Rosenthal. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Mike Wirtz motioned to adjourn the Special Meeting of the Electors at 7:57 pm., seconded by Jim Rosenthal. Motion carried by a voice vote.
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home