Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3-St. Peter Area Sanitary District
Wednesday, November 16 2011
TIME: 4:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 10/19/11 meeting.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
2) Residential inspection plan.
1) Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement.
2) Discuss shared sewer capacity.
3) Discuss engineering firm transition.
1) Review and possible acceptance of the 2009-2010 Annual Financial Report.
2) Approval of bills.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
The Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3-St. Peter Area Commission met on Wednesday, November 16th, 2011, at 4:30 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting their November monthly meeting. Members present: President Bill Gius and Commissioner John Rickert; and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Excused was Commissioner Mike Sabel.
Call to order. Commissioner John Rickert called the meeting to order at 4:33 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. John Rickert motioned to approve the minutes of the 10/19/11 meeting, seconded by Bill Gius. Motion carried (2-0-1 excused).
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding maintenance and operational issues. The wet wells of at least three lift stations have 6" holes cored thru to accommodate a 4" pipe. The gap is not sealed.
Manhole #243 located on CTH QQ just north of CTH WH has its casting protruding above grade. The nearby landowner routinely shovels snow off of it so that the plow sees it. The Commission will research lowering it.
2. Residential inspection plan by area and schedule. John Rickert and Bud Sabel have been working on home inspections. There have been a few instances with non-functioning sump pumps, missing sump pumps and/or questionable discharge locations.
1. Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement. The former District's legal counsel had the issue in process. Attorney Sharpe will no longer be able to see this matter to completion. Lud Wurtz, the District's new attorney, will need to complete the process.
2. Discuss shared sewer capacity. President Gius plans to study the history on the matter prior to meeting with Ron Cunzenheim. The Commission will schedule a workshop meeting with Mr. Cunzenheim at a later date.
3. Discuss engineering firm transition. President Gius will contact Gremmer & Associates regarding the transition.
1. Review and possible acceptance of the 2009-2010 Annual Financial Report. Motion by John Rickert, second by Bill Gius, to accept the 2009-2010 Financial Report and place it on file. Motion carried (2-0-1 absent).
2. Approval of bills. The Commission will meet for a special meeting on Thursday, November 23rd, at 4:00 pm in order to obtain more information pertaining to the operation and maintenance bills from Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1.
John Rickert moved to pay all bills as presented (order nos. 96-100) totaling $8,579.30, with the exception of the bills from Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 for operation and maintenance cost-share pending further review, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $8,500.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account, and
• Transfer $1,990.01 from the Operations/Inspections Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
The motion was seconded by Bill Gius. Motion carried (2-0-1 excused).
Public Comment. None presented.
Adjournment. John Rickert moved to adjourn the meeting at 5:20 p.m., seconded by Bill Gius. Motion carried (2-0-1 excused).
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home