Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, December 6 2011
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 11/3/11 meeting.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Reaffirm the Agreement for the Allocation of Capital Costs Between Johnsburg Sanitary District, Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Sanitary District No. 2 of the Town of Fond du Lac.
5. Review 2012 Budget.
6. Review investments and authorize transfers as deemed necessary.
7. Approval of District bills.
8. Schedule the next meeting.
9. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, December 6th, 2011, at 10:00 am, for the purpose of conducting their December monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:07 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 11/3/11 meeting. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the minutes of the November 3rd, 2011 meeting as presented. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Discuss operational issues. The grinder pump brackets are rapidly deteriorating in at least one of the systems. Brian Schmitz will research fabricating or ordering replacement brackets.
The underside of the covers on the grinder pump stations should be sealed when the vents are repainted.
Andy Karls has completed 11 home inspections. He plans to reach his goal of 20% by the end of the year.
The Klebars have been experiencing odor issues inside their home. A vent in the bathroom is believed to have been the problem. The District also changed the roof filter. Strong north winds continue to bring noticeable odors.
4. Reaffirm the Agreement for the Allocation of Capital Costs Between Johnsburg Sanitary District, Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Sanitary District No. 2 of the Town of Fond du Lac. The purpose of the Agreement is to purchase 20 additional RUEs in the shared sewer. The Agreement was originally approved by the Commission on July 10th, 2007; and forwarded to Fond du Lac No. 2 for approval. Fond du Lac No. 2 failed to take action. March 1st, 2011, the purchase amounts were revised. It was noted at that time that depreciation exceeded appreciation causing a decrease in the purchase price. Dennis Lefeber motioned to reaffirm the Agreement using the amended cost information obtained in March, 2011, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0). Ken Schneider believes that one of the districts may owe Johnsburg money; therefore, the checks for payment will not be cut until next month in order to allow time for research on the matter.
5. Review 2012 Budget. Projected 2012 revenue and expenses were reviewed. At this point, the current $180 quarterly charge should be more than sufficient to cover anticipated expenses and debt payments. Motion by Ken Schneider to approve the 2012 Budget as presented, seconded by Dennis Lefeber. Motion carried (3-0).
6. Review investments and authorize transfers as deemed necessary. The Debt Service CD of $59,458.12 has matured. Dennis Lefeber motioned to redeem the CD and deposit it into the Debt Service Money Market Account, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0). The District will research debt refinancing options.
7. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills totaling $9,998.90 (order nos. 95-111), and to authorize the following:
• Transfer of $10,000.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer of $3,995.93 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account,
• Transfer of $363.27 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account,
• Acknowledge the automatic annual payment of $16,776.00 toward the debt supported by the tax levy,
• Acknowledge the automatic semi-annual payment of $14,819.00 toward the debt supported by the user charge, and
• Acknowledge the automatic annual payment of $39,942.00 toward the debt supported by the special assessments.
Motion carried (3-0).
8. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, February 7th, 2012, at 10:00 a.m. There will not be a meeting in January. The Recording Secretary was directed to pay all utility bills.
9. Commissioner's reports and comments. None were presented.
10. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:54 p.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home