Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3-St. Peter Area Sanitary District
Wednesday, March 21 2012
TIME: 4:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 2/22/12 meeting.
Review of the District's insurance coverage, Mike Immel, Rural Mutual Insurance Company,
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
2) Residential inspection plan.
3) Job description-maintenance staff.
1) Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement.
2) Discuss shared sewer capacity.
3) Discuss engineering firm transition.
1) Discuss special assessments levied against property owned by Dan Rosenthal.
2) Discuss Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 projects.
3) Approval of bills.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
The Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3-St. Peter Area Commission met on Wednesday, March 21st, 2012, at 4:30 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting their March monthly meeting. Members present: President Bill Gius and Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel; and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present was Dan Rosenthal.
Call to order. President Gius called the meeting to order at 4:38 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. John Rickert motioned to approve the minutes of the 2/22/12 meeting, seconded by Mike Sabel. Motion carried (3-0).
Review of the District's insurance coverage, Mike Immel, Rural Mutual Insurance Company. Mr. Immel was not in attendance.
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding maintenance and operational issues. The lift stations at CTH WH, Schuster Lane and Shady Lane have noted significant increases in pump run times, per Bud Sabel's bi-weekly reports. It was noted that during the time noted, there was an 8" snowstorm and a couple of rain events. Bud will be asked to do weekly readings for the next month.
The Commission voiced concern regarding the recent discovery of a clean-out at a residence in Ledgeview Springs not having a frost sleeve. The State Plumbing Code requires frost sleeves. There was also concern pertaining to the unknown number of clean outs without frost sleeves at other locations. Additional inspections will be needed.
2. Residential inspection plan by area and schedule. John Rickert and Bud Sabel will start doing home inspections sometime in spring.
3. Job description-maintenance staff. The Commission consensus was to pay $15 per hour, add phone accessibility as a requirement and to advertise the position.
1. Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement. The former District's legal counsel had the issue in process. Attorney Sharpe will no longer be able to see this matter to completion. Lud Wurtz, the District's new attorney, will need to complete the process.
2. Discuss shared sewer capacity. President Gius plans to study the history on the matter prior to meeting with Ron Cunzenheim. The Commission will schedule a workshop meeting with Mr. Cunzenheim at a later date.
3. Discuss engineering firm transition. President Gius will contact Gremmer & Associates regarding the transition.
1. Discuss special assessments levied against property owned by Dan Rosenthal. Dan owned two abutting lots in the Evergreen Terrace subdivision. One lot had frontage on Evergreen Circle and the other lot had frontage on CTH QQ. In July, 2001, Dan presented a certified survey map to the Town Board that merged the two lots into one. Shortly before the CSM was completed, the District conducted public informational meetings regarding the upcoming sewer construction project. In 2005, Dan was provided written notification that two $11,000 special assessments were levied against this particular property on the basis that the lot could be split back into two lots. A lateral was installed at each of the two lots.
March 21st, 2012 Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3 2.
Dan made the choice to extend the lateral on CTH QQ to the back of his house located at W3737 Evergreen Circle due to economic reasons. Dan thought that the lateral extension rendered the former QQ lot unbuildable. The Commission advised Dan that the lot could be split and the lateral could be altered to service a new house on the former QQ lot. The home on Evergreen Circle would then be connected to the lateral installed on Evergreen as originally intended for the home.
Dan feels that his land is over-assessed. He was advised to contact the Town Assessor.
2. Discuss Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 projects. The Commission discussed the pump project at the Winnebago Drive lift station. They will try to attend No. 1's meeting on Monday.
John Rickert recently noticed open grates in the CTH K area. He questions if they are for sanitary sewer or storm sewer. Mike Sabel will investigate it with Andy Karls.
3. Approval of bills. Mike Sabel moved to pay all bills as presented, (order nos. 22-30) totaling $76,309.60, including the Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 bills for Ledge Road/CTH UU manhole repair and televising (discounted as noted), seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (2-1). Nay-Bill Gius.
Bill Gius moved to authorize the following:
• Transfer $76,200.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer $2,238.73 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account, and
• Transfer $617.29 from the Debt Service Account to the Operations/User Charge Account in order to properly allocate funds received in settlement of delinquent charges against the Silica bar.
The motion was seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
Public Comment. None was presented.
Adjournment. Bill Gius moved to adjourn the meeting at 6:04 p.m., seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home