Board of Appeals
Tuesday, March 27 2012
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Town of Taycheedah Zoning Board of Appeals will conduct a public hearing on Tuesday, March 27th, 2012, at 7:00 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of considering the request of Summit Quarry, LLC and Evenson Construction Co., Inc., to amend their Conditional Use Permit for the expansion of the quarry and mining operations. The Conditional Use Permit to quarry in the Town of Taycheedah applies to the following property:
The NE 1/4 of the NW 1/4 and the NW 1/4 of the NW 1/4 of Section 15, T16N, R18E, Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin,
consisting of 34.286 acres of property.
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that the Town of Taycheedah Zoning Board of Appeals will consider amending the Conditional Use Permit to expand the quarry to include the following described contiguous property:
A part of the NW 1/4 of the NW 1/4 of Section 15, Commencing at the NW corner of said Section 15; Thence South 89°44'21" East a distance of 1,331.80 feet along the north line of the NW 1/4 to the NW corner of Certified Survey Map No. 5245, Volume 32 Page 74 of Certified Survey Maps; thence South 01°16'19" East a distance of 750.00 feet along the west line of Certified Survey Map No. 5245 to the point of beginning; thence South 89°44'21" East a distance of 740.00 feet along the south line of Certified Survey Map No. 5245; thence southwesterly to a point that is South 01°16'19" East a distance of 578.00 feet from the point of beginning; thence North 01°16'19" West a distance of 578.00 feet to the point of beginning, containing approximately 4.9 acres, more or less.
The public hearing is open to the public. All interested parties are encouraged to attend.
A quorum of Town Board members may be in attendance.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Town of Taycheedah Board of Appeals conducted a public hearing on Tuesday, March 27th, 2012, at 7:00 p.m., on behalf of Dave & Dan Bertram, d.b.a. Summit Quarry, and Evenson Construction Co., Inc.. They request an amendment to their Conditional Use Permit for a 4.9-acre expansion of the quarry. Members present were: Chairman Gale Burg, James Rosenthal and John Buechel. The Secretary, Brenda Schneider, recorded the hearing and took notes.
The Chairman called the hearing to order at 7:02 p.m.. The Secretary read the notice.
Pat Strachan, representing Evenson Construction Co., Inc., was sworn in. His testimony and responses to Board of Appeals members questions were as follows:
• They request a 4.9 acre expansion.
• Fond du Lac County has permitted the expansion under NR135.
• The proposed expansion area is currently bonded with Fond du Lac County.
• Ponding occurs at the north wall of the existing quarry. The pond is about 8" deep. The stockpile area and the 4.9 acre proposed expansion area trap the rain water.
• They plan to blast the hill out on the 4.9 acres.
• They plan to retain surface water on the 4.9 acre area; which will be used for de-watering purposes.
• Little restoration has been completed due to the stockpiling of material.
• The scale-house is not planned to be moved; it will operate as usual.
• He has received one complaint in the last couple of years.
• A berm has been located inside the gate.
• The reconstruction of Cty. Q has greatly improved vision.
• The newly created vision triangle at Cty. QQ and Q has been seeded and will be mowed as needed.
Chairman Burg opened the public hearing for statements and questions for Evenson.
Dan Freund was sworn in. His statements and questions were as follows (Mr. Strachan's answers noted):
• The depth of blasting in the 4.9 acre area will be as low as possible based upon the CUP.
Board of Appeals member's discussion was as follows:
The proposal meets County requirements, the depth is dictated by the Conditional Use Permit and the area is covered by the Reclamation Plan.
John Buechel motioned to approve the request to expand the quarry operation into the adjacent 4.9 acres, seconded by Jim Rosenthal.
Roll call vote:
Jim Rosenthal aye
John Buechel aye
Gale Burg aye Motion carried unanimously by roll call vote (5-0).
Jim Rosenthal motioned to adjourn the public hearing at 7:20 p.m., seconded by John Buechel. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home