Annual Meeting of the Electors
Tuesday, April 10 2012
TIME: 7:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Notice is hereby given that the Annual Town Meeting of the Electors will be conducted on
Tuesday, April 10th, 2012
at 7:30 p.m.,
at the Taycheedah Town Hall,
W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway, Fond du Lac
for the purpose of such business as is permitted by law. Wis. Stats. 60.10
Dated this 27th day of March, 2012.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Annual Meeting of the Electors of the Town of Taycheedah was held on Tuesday, April 10th, 2012, at 7:30 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall. Town Board members present were: Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors Tim Simon, Mike Wirtz, Clarence Kraus and Jim Rosenthal, Clerk Brenda Schneider and Constable Bill Gius. Treasurer Kathy Diederich and Assessor Bill Huck were excused. Approximately 32 residents were in attendance.
The Town Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Copies of the 2011 Annual Report and informational handouts regarding the use of pesticides and fertilizers were available for all attendees.
Jim Bertram motioned to accept the minutes of the 2011 Annual Meeting as read by the Clerk, seconded by Bill Gius. Motion carried by voice vote.
The 2011 Financial Report was reviewed. The Board responded to numerous questions pertaining to delinquent refuse and recycling collection, Farmland Preservation penalty, assistant clerk compensation, Comprehensive Plan consultant fees, the furnace replacement, Town parks, Highway Dept. part-time compensation, the building of the salt shed, the purchase of the Peterbilt, the current debt level, Outlying Sewer Group membership dues, the sewerage treatment plant capacity owned by the Town and the cash on hand balances of Taycheedah Sanitary District #1 and #3. Bill Gius motioned to approve the 2011 Annual Financial Report as presented, seconded by Jim Bertram. Motion carried by voice vote.
Comments and questions presented by Electors were as follows:
• Pat Ries enquired about a statement made during the January 23rd, 2012, meeting of the Town Board regarding a swale remediation project. He asked if the attorney has drafted the letter to be sent to neighboring landowners that will explain that the Town Board has changed their course of action pertaining to the cost-sharing of the project. The Clerk noted that the attorney presented a draft to her for distribution prior to the election. She expects to mail it soon.
• Brian King quoted Wis. Stats. 60.323(8), Town Clerk Duties, which states LICENSES. Issue any license or permit granted by the town board when presented with a receipt from the town treasurer indicating that any required fee has been paid. Mr. King questioned if the Clerk of double-compensated by receiving compensation for issuing building permits. The Clerk explained that building permits are not approved by the Town Board; issuance is an administrative function of the Town's Zoning Code.
Mr. King questioned site visits to verify minimum setbacks are met. Supervisor Wirtz explained that it is the owner's responsibility to build according to the specifications submitted when applying for the permit.
Mr. King also commented that when he did his first addition, he needed a variance but when he did his second addition he didn't need a variance. He stated that nothing had changed. Mr. King was informed that approximately six years ago the minimum front setback was reduced from 100' to 63' on Town roads.
• Ed Braun asked the Town Board to take a look at a drainage issue in the location of Golf Course Drive and Fulton Street. The Town Board will perform a site visit next week when they do their annual road inspection.
• Dan Freund enquired about the cost of the tractor trade-in. It is his understanding that the municipal discount offered by John Deere has changed. He also noted that Serwe Implement was sold to Riesterer & Schnell. Mr. Freund was informed that the municipal discount changed a year or two ago. Also, staff is awaiting a response as to what, if any, changes will be made to the trade-in policy the Town had with Serwe.
• Clarence Kraus asked if Bill Huck is planning to not run for re-election next year due to the State's requirement to computerize assessing records. Bill Huck's intentions are unknown at this time.
Bill Gius moved to adjourn the 2012 Annual Meeting of the Electors at 8:45 p.m., seconded by Jim Rosenthal. Motion carried by voice vote.
Brenda A. Schneider
At the conclusion of the Annual Meeting, the Oath of Office was administered to the following newly elected officials:
Mike Wirtz-Supervisor John Abler-Supervisor
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home