Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, April 10 2012
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 2/7/12 meeting.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Discuss impacts by the Johnsburg Road rehabilitation project.
5. Approval of District bills.
6. Schedule the next meeting.
7. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, April 10th, 2012, at 10:00 am, for the purpose of conducting their April meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:06 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 2/7/12 meeting. Hearing no objections, President Schmitz declared the minutes approved as presented. Note: The Commission did not meet in March.
3. Discuss operational issues. No known issues that need to be addressed at this time.
Last fall, the Commission obtained quotes to paint the vent pipes. The Commission consensus was to wait to see what happens with the Johnsburg Road repair project.
Commissioner Lefeber noted that the undersides of some of the manhole covers should be considered for painting due to rust.
Brenda Schneider noted receiving two or three computerized calls from WE Energies regarding power outages at the Malone lift station. Brian Schmitz informed her that he has received alarm notifications during these events. Dennis called Brian. He indicated that when the power goes down, he has been alert and does have to visit the station to reset the controls each time it happens.
Andy Karls completed 30 home inspections during 2011. There are a couple of remediation orders that still need to be resolved.
The odor issues on Johnsburg Road seem to come and go.
The Commission discussed Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1's plan to replace the motors in the Winnebago Drive lift station because the current motors are too large. Total estimated cost is $20,000.
4. Discuss impacts by the Johnsburg Road rehabilitation project. In 2009, the towns of Calumet and Taycheedah began planning repairs to Johnsburg Road from Joe Meyer's home to Hwy. 151. The District has received detailed design plans from Gremmer & Associates, the engineering firm. Gremmer requests that the District determine any impact to the manholes located within the project area.
There is disagreement between the two towns as to the extent of the project. Calumet plans to widen the road by two feet, but Taycheedah intends to resurface the existing asphalt surface due to the significant increase in cost caused by several years of delays with the project. Calumet plans to ask for elector approval during their annual meeting tonight to reconstruct/widen the road all the way to CTH W.
Consensus of the Commission was to wait for the results of the Calumet Annual Meeting and to possibly discuss the matter further during the upcoming joint sanitary district meeting.
5. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to reaffirm the March bills as presented, (order nos. 19-26) totaling $13,193.20; and approve the April bills, (order nos. 27-35) totaling $1,241.18; and to authorize the following:
• Transfer of $1,300.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer of $7,574.20 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• Transfer of $688.56 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
6. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, May 1st, and Tuesday June 12th, at 10:00 am. The next quarterly joint meeting of the sanitary districts is April 26th, at 5:00 pm.
7. Commissioner's reports and comments. President Schmitz plans to put an insert in the next quarterly bill that would notify residents of the end of the property tax levy due to paying off and the appointment of a commissioner in January, 2013.
8. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:05 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home