Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, May 1 2012
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 4/10/12 meeting.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Discuss impacts by the Johnsburg Road rehabilitation project.
5. Approval of District bills.
6. Discuss refinancing remaining debt.
7. Discuss City loan payment penalty.
8. Schedule the next meeting.
9. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, May 1st, 2012, at 10:00 am, for the purpose of conducting their May meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioner Ken Schneider and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Absent was Commissioner Dennis Lefeber.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:07 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 4/10/12 meeting. Hearing no objections, President Schmitz declared the minutes approved as presented.
3. Discuss operational issues. No known issues that need to be addressed at this time.
Steffes plans to build a home on his lot along Johnsburg Road. It was noted that the area would require a grinder pump station and a tap into the force main. Steffes was instructed to contact Brenda Schneider for more information.
4. Discuss impacts by the Johnsburg Road rehabilitation project. In 2009, the towns of Calumet and Taycheedah began planning repairs to Johnsburg Road from Joe Meyer's property to Hwy. 151. The District has received detailed design plans from Gremmer & Associates, the engineering firm. Gremmer requests that the District determine any impact to the manholes located within the project area.
There remains disagreement between the two towns as to the extent of the project. Calumet plans to widen the road to 22 feet, but Taycheedah may only resurface the existing asphalt surface due to the significant increase in cost caused by several years of delays. Calumet was given elector approval during their annual meeting tonight to reconstruct/widen the road all the way to CTH W.
The Town of Calumet held a public informational meeting on April 26th. All three Commissioners attended the meeting. Chairman Bruce Peterson said the adjustments to the manholes will be part of their contract for the project.
Consensus of the Commission was the need to determine what work will be required to which manholes. It was noted that the Calumet project will need to comply with prevailing wage laws. Depending upon the degree of adjustments needed, it may be more cost-effective for the District to contract independently. It was unknown if Calumet planned to include adjustment/replacement of chimney seals as needed. Brenda Schneider was directed to send a letter to Gremmer searching more information.
5. Approval of District bills. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Franz Schmitz, to approve the bills, (order nos. 36-46) totaling $3,859.92; and to authorize the following:
• Transfer of $3,900.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer of $741.00 from the User Charge Account to the RD Debt Reserve Account, and
• Acknowledge the semi-annual debt payment to Rural Development of $14,819.00.
Motion carried (2-0).
6. Discuss refinancing remaining debt. The bank verbally quoted a reduction to the rate by .5%, that they would not require an annual audit, but an attorney opinion letter is routine. The bank was given year-end financial statements for 2010 and 2011, as requested. The District is awaiting further response.
7. Discuss City loan payment penalty. The District's 2011 loan payment was sent to the City approximately one week late due to the chaos caused by the Spring Election and subsequent recount. In May, 2011, Brenda Schneider verbally contacted the City to request a waiver of the penalty. She was told Mr. Lentz would handle it. A response was never received from the City. A few months ago, Brenda again verbally contacted the City. Based upon the written response received from Jordan Skiff, details were not accurately relayed. Brenda recently sent a detailed written explanation to Mr. Skiff. She is awaiting a response.
8. Schedule the next meeting. The next meetings will be conducted on Tuesday, June 12th and July 10th.
9. Commissioner's reports and comments. None were presented.
10. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 10:51 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home