Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3-St. Peter Area Sanitary District
Wednesday, May 23 2012
TIME: 4:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 4/18/12 meeting.
Review of the District's insurance coverage, Mike Immel, Rural Mutual Insurance Company,
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
2) Residential inspection plan.
3) Status of maintenance staff position.
1) Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement.
2) Discuss shared sewer capacity.
3) Discuss engineering firm transition.
1) Approval of bills.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
The Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3-St. Peter Area Commission met on Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012, at 4:30 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting their May monthly meeting. Members present: President Bill Gius, Commissioner John Rickert and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Excused was Commissioner Mike Sabel.
Call to order. President Gius called the meeting to order at 4:32 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. John Rickert motioned to approve the minutes of the 4/18/12 meeting, seconded by Bill Gius. Motion carried (2-0).
Review of the District's insurance coverage, Mike Immel, Rural Mutual Insurance Company. Mr. Immel was not able to attend.
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding maintenance and operational issues. Recent rain events caused a concern regarding spikes in flow. Bud Sabel will be asked to present his meter reading data.
The Commission voiced concern regarding the discovery of a clean-out at a residence in Ledgeview Springs not having a frost sleeve. The State Plumbing Code requires frost sleeves. There was also concern pertaining to the unknown number of clean outs without frost sleeves at other locations. Additional inspections will be needed.
The casting on Manhole #339(4) at Redtail Lane/Redtail Court needs to be checked.
The City has alerted John Rickert that the thermometer in the CTH WH lift station is under-reading by 20 degrees. A new sensor head may be needed.
2. Residential inspection plan by area and schedule. John Rickert and Bud Sabel will start doing home inspections in the spring.
3. Job description-maintenance staff. The Commission consensus was to pay $15 per hour. A draft application was reviewed, modified and accepted.
1. Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement. The former District's legal counsel had the issue in process. Attorney Sharpe will no longer be able to see this matter to completion. Lud Wurtz, the District's new attorney, will need to complete the process.
2. Discuss shared sewer capacity. President Gius plans to study the history on the matter prior to meeting with Ron Cunzenheim. The Commission will schedule a workshop meeting with Mr. Cunzenheim at a later date.
3. Discuss engineering firm transition. President Gius will contact Gremmer & Associates regarding the transition.
1. Approval of bills. Bill Gius moved to pay all bills as presented, (order nos. 39-44) totaling $8,220.10, seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (2-0).
Bill Gius moved to authorize the following:
• Transfer $8,000.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account, and
May 23rd, 2012 Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3 2.
• Transfer $1,413.83 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
The motion was seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (2-0).
Public Comment. None was presented.
Adjournment. Bill Gius moved to adjourn the meeting at 5:37 p.m., seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (2-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home