Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, June 12 2012
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 5/1/12 meeting.
3. Discuss refinancing remaining debt.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Discuss impacts by the Johnsburg Road rehabilitation project.
6. Approval of District bills.
7. Schedule the next meeting.
8. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, June 12th, 2012, at 10:00 am, for the purpose of conducting their June meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:04 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 5/1/12 meeting. Hearing no objections, President Schmitz declared the minutes approved as presented.
3. Discuss refinancing remaining debt. Ryan Gebhart, National Exchange Bank & Trust, presented a refinancing proposal. The Commission will solicit other proposals.
4. Discuss operational issues. No known issues that need to be addressed at this time.
Ken Schneider noticed that the vent has been off of the meter station for the past couple of months. Ken also reported that the Ablers are having issues with odors in the house. They contacted a plumber; who found no explanation. The Ablers were advised to have their vent pipe inspected.
5. Discuss impacts by the Johnsburg Road rehabilitation project. In 2009, the towns of Calumet and Taycheedah began planning repairs to Johnsburg Road from Joe Meyer's property to Hwy. 151. The District has received detailed design plans from Gremmer & Associates, the engineering firm. Gremmer requests that the District determine any impact to the manholes located within the project area.
There remains disagreement between the two towns as to the extent of the project. Calumet plans to widen the road to 22 feet, but Taycheedah may only resurface the existing roadway surface due to the significant increase in cost caused by several years of delays. Calumet was given elector approval during their annual meeting to reconstruct/widen the road all the way to CTH W.
The Town of Calumet held a public informational meeting on April 26th. All three Commissioners attended the meeting. Chairman Bruce Peterson said the adjustments to the manholes will be part of their contract for the project.
Consensus of the Commission was the need to determine what work will be required to which manholes. It was noted that the Calumet project will need to comply with prevailing wage laws. Depending upon the degree of adjustments needed, it may be more cost-effective for the District to contract independently. It was unknown if Calumet planned to include adjustment/replacement of chimney seals as needed. As directed by the Commission, Brenda Schneider sent a letter to Gremmer searching for more information. A response is yet to be received.
At this point, it is unknown whether or not Calumet will proceed with the project. Taycheedah has decided to pulverize and pave their portion of the road. The width of the Taycheedah's section will be determined based upon Calumet's decision or September 1st; whichever occurs earlier.
6. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills, (order nos. 47-54) totaling $848.54; and to authorize the following:
• Transfer of $650.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer of $6,503.87 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• Transfer of $591.17 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
7. Schedule the next meeting. The next meetings will be conducted on Tuesday, July 10th. The OSG Annual Meeting is scheduled for Thursday, September 19th, at 5:30 pm, in North Fond du Lac.
8. Commissioner's reports and comments. None were presented.
9. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 10:55 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home