Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3-St. Peter Area Sanitary District
Wednesday, June 20 2012
TIME: 4:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 5/23/12 meeting.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
2) Residential inspection plan.
3) Status of maintenance staff position.
1) Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement.
2) Discuss shared sewer capacity.
3) Discuss engineering firm transition.
1) Review and possible acceptance of the 2011 Compliance Maintenance Annual Report (CMAR), as required by the DNR.
2) Approval of bills.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
The Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3-St. Peter Area Commission met on Wednesday, June 20th, 2012, at 4:30 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting their June monthly meeting. Members present: President Bill Gius, Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
Call to order. President Gius called the meeting to order at 4:31 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. John Rickert motioned to approve the minutes of the 5/23/12 meeting, seconded by Bill Gius. Motion carried (3-0).
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding maintenance and operational issues. Recent rain events caused a concern regarding spikes in flow. Bud Sabel will be asked to present his meter reading data.
The Commission voiced concern regarding the discovery of a clean-out at a residence in Ledgeview Springs not having a frost sleeve. The State Plumbing Code requires frost sleeves. There was also concern pertaining to the unknown number of clean outs without frost sleeves at other locations. Additional inspections will be needed.
The casting on Manhole #339(4) at Redtail Lane/Redtail Court has been checked and repaired.
2. Residential inspection plan by area and schedule. John Rickert and Bud Sabel recently completed 14 home inspections. They discovered four violations.
3. Status of maintenance staff position. The Commission consensus was to pay $15 per hour. A draft application was reviewed, modified and accepted. The deadline for submittal of the applications will be August 1st.
1. Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement. The former District's legal counsel had the issue in process. Attorney Sharpe will no longer be able to see this matter to completion. Lud Wurtz, the District's new attorney, will need to complete the process.
2. Discuss shared sewer capacity. President Gius plans to study the history on the matter prior to meeting with Ron Cunzenheim. The Commission will schedule a workshop meeting with Mr. Cunzenheim at a later date.
3. Discuss engineering firm transition. President Gius will contact Gremmer & Associates regarding the transition. The District needs to contact Foth to arrange the pick-up of its' records.
1. Review and possible acceptance of the 2011 Compliance Maintenance Annual Report (CMAR), as required by the DNR. Motion by Mike Sabel, second by Bill Gius, to accept the 2011 CMAR and file it with the DNR. Motion carried (3-0).
2. Approval of bills. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to pay all bills as presented, (order nos. 45-55), totaling $3,632.55, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $3,600.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account, and
• Transfer $826.38 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (3-0).
June 20th, 2012 Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3 2.
Public Comment. None was presented.
Adjournment. Bill Gius moved to adjourn the meeting at 5:14 p.m., seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home