Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, July 10 2012
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 6/12/12 meeting.
3. Discuss refinancing remaining debt.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Discuss impacts by the Johnsburg Road rehabilitation project.
6. Consideration and possible acceptance of the District's Compliance Maintenance Annual Report, as required by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
7. Approval of District bills.
8. Schedule the next meeting.
9. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, July 10th, 2012, at 10:00 am, for the purpose of conducting their July meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:05 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 6/12/12 meeting. Hearing no objections, President Schmitz declared the minutes approved as presented.
3. Discuss refinancing remaining debt. The following options were researched:
• Rural Development will refinance existing debt if the refinancing is being done in conjunction with a minimum of $500,000 new project financing.
• Horicon Bank-declined to provide an offer.
• Merc Credit Union-declined to provide an offer.
• American Bank-declined to provide an offer.
Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to pursue refinancing with National Exchange Bank & Trust. Motion carried (3-0).
4. Discuss operational issues. The control discharge station has falsely alerted Brian Schmitz several times recently. Brian is researching the problem with the system.
The vent was removed from the metering station several months ago. Ken noted no recent issues with odor.
Ken also reported that Sean Abler is still working with a plumber to determine his problem.
5. Discuss impacts by the Johnsburg Road rehabilitation project. In 2009, the towns of Calumet and Taycheedah began planning repairs to Johnsburg Road from Joe Meyer's property to Hwy. 151. The District has received detailed design plans from Gremmer & Associates, the engineering firm. Gremmer requests that the District determine any impact to the manholes located within the project area.
There remains disagreement between the two towns as to the extent of the project. Calumet plans to widen the road to 22 feet, but Taycheedah may only resurface the existing roadway surface due to the significant increase in cost caused by several years of delays. Calumet was given elector approval during their annual meeting to reconstruct/widen the road all the way to CTH W.
The Town of Calumet held a public informational meeting on April 26th. All three Commissioners attended the meeting. Chairman Bruce Peterson said the adjustments to the manholes will be part of their contract for the project.
Consensus of the Commission was the need to determine what work will be required to which manholes. It was noted that the Calumet project will need to comply with prevailing wage laws. Depending upon the degree of adjustments needed, it may be more cost-effective for the District to contract independently. It was unknown if Calumet planned to include adjustment/replacement of chimney seals as needed. As directed by the Commission, Brenda Schneider sent a letter to Gremmer searching for more information.
The District received a letter from Gremmer & Associates. A total of five manholes will need minor adjustments. Gremmer estimates $2,628.00 for these adjustments. The District will notify Gremmer to continue to include the adjustments within the project's scope of work.
At this point, it is unknown whether or not Calumet will proceed with the project. Taycheedah has decided to pulverize and pave their portion of the road. The width of the Taycheedah's section will be determined based upon Calumet's decision or September 1st; whichever occurs earlier.
6. Consideration and possible acceptance of the District's Compliance Maintenance Annual Report, as required by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to accept the District's 2012 CMAR and to file it with the DNR. Motion carried (3-0).
7. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills, (order nos. 55-61) totaling $306.82; and to authorize the following:
• Transfer of $300.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
July 10th, 2012 Johnsburg Sanitary District 2.
• Transfer of $475.11 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account,
• Transfer of $43.29 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account, and
• Acknowledge the $14,819.00 semi-annual loan payment to Rural Development..
Motion carried (3-0).
8. Schedule the next meeting. The next meetings will be conducted on Tuesday, August 7th and September 4th, at 10:00 am. The OSG Annual Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, September 19th, at 6:00 pm, in North Fond du Lac. The quarterly Joint Sanitary District meeting will be on Thursday, July 26th, at 5:00 pm.
9. Commissioner's reports and comments. None were presented.
10. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:05 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home