Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3-St. Peter Area Sanitary District
Wednesday, July 18 2012
TIME: 4:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 6/20/12 meeting.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
2) Residential inspection plan.
3) Status of maintenance staff position.
1) Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement.
2) Discuss shared sewer capacity.
3) Discuss engineering firm transition.
1) Approval of bills.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
The Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3-St. Peter Area Commission met on Wednesday, July 18th, 2012, at 4:30 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting their July monthly meeting. Members present: Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Excused: President Bill Gius.
Call to order. Commissioner John Rickert called the meeting to order at 4:33 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. Motion by Mike Sabel, second by John Rickert, to approve the minutes of the 6/20/12 meeting. Motion carried (2-0).
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding maintenance and operational issues. John Rickert reported that he and Bud Sabel inspected the lift stations. Their report was as follows:
• Schuster Lane-water staining on both pits at vent pipes and excessive grease build-up,
• CTH QQ-pit lids are bent and the welds are broken,
• CTH WH-grease build-up and no chains on the pumps,
• Church Road-no issues,
• Shady Lane-no chains on pumps, and
• Evergreen Court-no issues.
Jim Rosenthal contacted Commissioner Rickert regarding the drainage in the ditch abutting his property. Commissioner consensus was to deliver 10 yards of dirt; which will finalize the District's involvement with the matter.
Commissioner Sabel reported on the recent use of plastic riser rings within the industry. The District will use them in the future when needed.
2. Residential inspection plan by area and schedule. John Rickert and Bud Sabel are working on home inspections. John noted that they are not finding many problems.
Commissioner Rickert reported that he and Bud came upon a sump pit without a pump. The drainage line for the pit discharges at grade. Code requires all pits to have a working pump; which doesn't seem necessary at this location. Commission consensus was to require a sealed cover on the pit in lieu of a pump.
3. Status of maintenance staff position. The Commission consensus was to pay $15 per hour. The deadline for submittal of the applications will be August 1st. The position opening has been posted on Craig's List and an insert was included with the quarterly billing mailed in early July. Brenda Schneider will add information regarding the opening in the Town's emailed newsletter.
1. Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement. The former District's legal counsel had the issue in process. Attorney Sharpe will no longer be able to see this matter to completion. Lud Wurtz, the District's new attorney, will need to complete the process.
2. Discuss shared sewer capacity. The Commission directed Brenda Schneider to prepare the necessary documents for consideration during the August meeting.
July 18th, 2012 Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3 2.
3. Discuss engineering firm transition. President Gius will contact Gremmer & Associates regarding the transition. The District needs to contact Foth to arrange the pick-up of its records.
1. Approval of bills. Motion by John Rickert, second by Mike Sabel, to pay all bills as presented, (order nos. 56-63), totaling $17,050.47, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $16,600.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer $403.69 from the Inspections Account to the regular checking account, and
• Transfer $82.48 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
Motion carried (2-0).
Public Comment. None was presented.
Adjournment. Mike Sabel moved to adjourn the meeting at 5:00 p.m., seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (2-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home