Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, August 7 2012
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 7/10/12 meeting.
3. Discuss refinancing remaining debt.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Discuss impacts by the Johnsburg Road rehabilitation project.
6. Discuss the location of a new on-site septic system on the Steffes property, Johnsburg Road.
7. Approval of District bills.
8. Schedule the next meeting.
9. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, August 7th, 2012, at 10:00 am, for the purpose of conducting their August meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:02 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 7/10/12 meeting. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the minutes as presented. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Discuss refinancing remaining debt. National Exchange Bank & Trust is compiling the necessary paperwork. A special meeting may be conducted in the near future to finalize the refinancing.
4. Discuss operational issues. Flow readings for the past 7-8 weeks have been extremely low and steady.
Brian Schmitz obtained quotes from Sabel Mechanical and G&H Trucking for a repair at the elbow connection of the Johnsburg lift station and for cleaning of the lift stations. He may have some of the grinder pumps cleaned as needed. The estimate for the work is $5,000. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to hire Sabel Mechanical and G&H to perform the work. Motion carried (5-0).
The Commission will consider painting the vent pipes along Johnsburg Road after the Town of Calumet completes planned roadwork.
5. Discuss impacts by the Johnsburg Road rehabilitation project. In 2009, the towns of Calumet and Taycheedah began planning repairs to Johnsburg Road from Joe Meyer's property to Hwy. 151. The District has received detailed design plans from Gremmer & Associates, the engineering firm. Gremmer requests that the District determine any impact to the manholes located within the project area.
There remains disagreement between the two towns as to the extent of the project. Calumet plans to widen the road to 22 feet, but Taycheedah may only resurface the existing roadway surface due to the significant increase in cost caused by several years of delays. Calumet was given elector approval during their annual meeting to reconstruct/widen the road all the way to CTH W.
The Town of Calumet held a public informational meeting on April 26th. All three Commissioners attended the meeting. Chairman Bruce Peterson said the adjustments to the manholes will be part of their contract for the project.
Consensus of the Commission was the need to determine what work will be required to which manholes. It was noted that the Calumet project will need to comply with prevailing wage laws. Depending upon the degree of adjustments needed, it may be more cost-effective for the District to contract independently. It was unknown if Calumet planned to include adjustment/replacement of chimney seals as needed. As directed by the Commission, Brenda Schneider sent a letter to Gremmer searching for more information.
The District received a letter from Gremmer & Associates. A total of five manholes will need minor adjustments. Gremmer estimates $3,100.00 for these adjustments based upon a bid.
Mike Sabel and Andy Karls feel they are more than capable of adjusting the manholes at substantially less cost. The Commission will notify Gremmer to remove manhole adjustments from the contractor's scope of work.
6. Discuss the location of a new on-site septic system on the Steffes property, Johnsburg Road. Steffes is planning to build a new home in the vicinity of the force main along Johnsburg Road. Steffes reportedly obtained a quote of $40,000 for the installation of a grinder pump. Steffes is considering building the home beyond the district boundary and servicing it with an on-site septic system. Steffes requests the ability to place the on-site system within the district's boundary.
Consensus of the Commission was to not consider a variance to Section 6.06 of the District's ordinance for the installation of an on-site septic system within the District's boundaries. The home and septic system will need to be beyond the boundary.
August 7, 2012 Johnsburg Sanitary District 2.
7. Approval of District bills. Several unusual calls appeared on the phone bill for the Malone lift station. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Dennis Lefeber, to approve the bills, (order nos. 62-71) totaling $2,441.18; to deny payment for the unusual calls on the Frontier bill; and to authorize the following:
• Transfer of $2,500.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer of $741.00 from the User Charge Account to the RD Debt Reserve Account, and
• Reimburse TSD#3 $2,441.00 from the Debt Service Account for an erroneous deposit.
Motion carried (3-0).
8. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, September 4th, at 10:00 am. The OSG Annual Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, September 19th, at 6:00 pm, in North Fond du Lac.
9. Commissioner's reports and comments. None were presented.
10. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 10:54 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home