Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, October 2 2012
TIME: 10:00 am
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 9/4/12 meeting.
3. Finalize the refinancing of the District's remaining debt.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Discuss impacts by the Johnsburg Road rehabilitation project.
6. Approval of District bills.
7. Schedule the next meeting.
8. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, October 2nd, 2012, at 10:00 am, for the purpose of conducting their October meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioner Ken Schneider and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Absent was Commissioner Dennis Lefeber. Also present were Dan Hintze and Ryan Gebhart, National Exchange Bank & Trust.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:03 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 9/4/12 meeting. Hearing no objections, Chairman Schmitz declared the minutes approved as presented.
3. Finalize the refinancing of the District's remaining debt. The current financial position, as it relates to debt, was reviewed.
Rural Development will draw $824,381.11, as final payment of existing debt, on October 3rd.
Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Franz Schmitz, to borrow $768,000 from National Exchange Bank & Trust, at 4.125% interest; with the District covering the remaining $56,381.11 toward the Rural Development draw on October 3rd. Motion carried (2-0).
The Commission consensus was to not further reduce the borrowing from NEBAT by using Rural Development Debt Reserve Funds at this time due to recent unexpected repairs. NEBAT noted that there will be no pre-payment penalty.
The Commission consensus was to establish the following payment schedule:
• Annual payment of $34,500 on April 15, 2013 thru April 15, 2023
• Quarterly payments of $7,500 on January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1, beginning 2013 thru 2023.
Both parties acknowledge that a yet-to-be-determined balance will remain at the end of 2023. The District's financial position will be re-evaluated at that time and adjustments to the loan will be made accordingly.
The Commission will conduct a Special Meeting on Thursday, October 4th, at 9:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, to finalize the loan documents.
NEBAT will invoice the District for legal expenses relating to the re-financing.
4. Discuss operational issues. Brian Schmitz, during inspections, discovered an improperly constructed manhole near the Malone lift station. The cover is not re-enforced and the cast riser ring is sitting on concrete rings. The concrete rings are crumbling and were not sealed. Concrete riser rings need to be replaced with metal rings and the cast is the wrong type. Further information regarding the repair will be compiled.
Dave Schneiderhan is experiencing odor problems again. Ken Schneider alerted Brian Schmitz. Brian will re-charge the vent filter.
5. Discuss impacts by the Johnsburg Road rehabilitation project. The Town of Taycheedah has completed their portions of the project. The Town of Calumet has decided to postpone their share of the project for another year. However, Calumet has decided to patch and/or wedge a few spots. The Commission is concerned about the patch work around the manhole located at Johnsburg Road and Mengel Hill Road. Staff will be asked to take a look at it.
6. Approval of District bills. Motion by Ken Schneider, second by Franz Schmitz, to approve the bills, (order nos. 87-100) totaling $15,143.36 and to authorize the following:
• Transfer of $15,000.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer of $791.63 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account,
• Transfer of $71.96 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account,
• Transfer of $6,972.13 from Debt Service Account to User Charge Account to correct a 2011 duplicated transfer, and
• Refund the overpaid special assessment pay-off of $44.24 (interest component) to David and Karen Adelmeyer.
Motion carried (2-0).
October 2, 2012 Johnsburg Sanitary District 2.
7. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, November 13th, at 10:00 am. The quarterly Joint Sanitary District Meeting will be held on Thursday, October 25, at 5:00. Both meetings will be held at the Taycheedah Town Hall.
8. Commissioner's reports and comments. None were presented.
9. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 11:30 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home