Taycheedah Sanitary District #3
Wednesday, October 17 2012
TIME: 4:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 9/19/12 meeting.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
2) Residential inspection plan.
1) Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement.
2) Consideration and possible action to appoint an engineering firm, to be utilized on an as needed basis, and to discuss the transition of District records.
1) Approval of bills.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT #3
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
OCTOBER 17, 2012
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Bill Gius, Commissioner John Rickert and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Excused was Commissioner Mike Sabel.
Call to order. President Gius called the meeting to order at 4:30 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. Motion by John Rickert, second by Bill Gius, to approve the minutes of the 9/19/12 meeting. Motion carried (2-0-1 excused).
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding maintenance and operational issues. Manhole inspections noted significant grease build-up from Perl's Country Inn downstream to the corner of Billene Drive. The sewer main needs to be jetted. Mike Sabel will contact G&H for the work. The District's Inspector will be directed to do an inspection of the grease trap at the County Inn.
G&H Trucking has been contacted for lift station cleaning. The pump motor blew on his truck. It is anticipated that his truck will be back in operation next week. Mike or Bud will check the grinder pumps to see if they also need to be cleaned.
The lift stations at Schuster and Shady may need to be hydro-vacuumed and slurry backfill. They will be inspected during the cleaning work.
The lift stations at CTH WH and QQ need computer programming work. Mr. Mitchell will be contacted to take a look at them.
Commission will further research a wireless alarm system.
2. Residential inspection plan by area and schedule. John and Bud have completed approximately 50 home inspections. Renee Rickert will assist John when Bud Sabel is not available.
1. Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement. The former District's legal counsel had the issue in process. Attorney Sharpe will no longer be able to see this matter to completion. Lud Wurtz, the District's new attorney, will need to complete the process.
2. Consideration and possible action to appoint an engineering firm, to be utilized on an as needed basis, and to discuss the transition of District records. The District took action in the past to retain Gremmer & Associates. The Commission may in the future formally change this appointment. In the meantime, the Commission requested Brenda Schneider contact Foth to arrange for the pick-up of all of the District's records.
1. Approval of bills. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to pay all bills as presented, (order nos. 80-92), totaling $26,460.72, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $26,600.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account.
Motion carried (2-0-1 excused).
Public Comment. None was presented.
Adjournment. Motion by John Rickert, second by Bill Gius, to adjourn the meeting at 4:59 p.m. Motion carried (2-0-1 excused).
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home