Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, December 4 2012
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 11/13/12 meeting.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Consideration and possible approval of the 2013 Proposed Budget.
5. Approval of District bills.
6. Schedule the next meeting.
7. Commissioners' reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
DECEMBER 4, 2012
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m.
2. Approval of the minutes of the 11/13/12 meeting. Hearing no objections, the President declared the minutes of the 11/13/12 meeting approved as presented.
3. Discuss operational issues. Nothing to report at this time. It was noted that the second pump from the CTH Q lift station is still being rebuilt.
4. Consideration and possible approval of the 2013 Proposed Budget. The District's operational budget was reviewed. Due primarily to unexpected costly repairs, the District's operational costs are projected to exceed the year's user charge revenue by $10,000; however, the District remains fiscally sound due to carryover funds from previous years.
The District recently refinanced remaining debt. NEBAT does not require the District maintain the Debt Reserve Account; which was a Rural Development requirement. To date, the Debt Reserve Account balance is $22,808. These funds can now be applied to operations.
The proposed 2013 Budget projects no change in the $180 per quarter user charge.
Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to adopt the 2013 Budget as proposed. Motion carried (3-0).
5. Approval of District bills. Motion by Dennis Lefeber, second by Ken Schneider, to approve the bills, (order nos. 114-126) totaling $8,587.03 and to authorize the following:
• Transfer of $10,700.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Transfer $7,234.14 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account,
• Transfer $657.65 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account,
• Acknowledge $313,808.36 pay-off of the Rural Development loan supported by special assessments,
• Acknowledge $510,572.75 pay-off of the Rural Development loan supported by user charges, and
• Acknowledge receipt of $768,000 from NEBAT for debt refinancing.
Motion carried (3-0).
6. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be conducted on Tuesday, January 8th, at 10:00 am. The next Joint Sanitary District Meeting will be held on Thursday, January 24th, at 5:00 pm.
7. Commissioner's reports and comments. Commission requested a report regarding the status of home inspections.
8. Adjournment. President Schmitz declared the meeting adjourned at 10:34 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home