Thursday, December 27 2012
TIME: 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Consideration and possible approval of a Class A Beer/Liquor License application submitted by Sunny Joshi, Joshi Convenience, N7425 Winnebago Drive.
3. Consideration and possible action pertaining to the failure of certain developers to complete asphalt projects or to submit a form of financial surety to the Town by Nov. 15th, per written notification.
4. Discuss the purchase of a John Deere 4720.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
DECEMBER 27, 2012
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present were Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors John Abler, Jim Rosenthal II, Tim Simon and Mike Wirtz, Clerk Brenda Schneider, Treasurer Kathy Diederich and Road Maintenance Supervisor Mike Sabel.
1. Call to order. Chairman Guelig called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
2. Consideration and possible approval of a Class A Beer/Liquor License application submitted by Sunny Joshi, Joshi Convenience, N7425 Winnebago Drive. Motion by Jerry Guelig, second by John Abler, to approve the license, subject to verification of the applicant's name. Motion carried (5-0).
3. Consideration and possible action pertaining to the failure of certain developers to complete asphalt projects or to submit a form of financial surety to the Town by Nov. 15th, per written notification. A memo compiled by Attorney John St. Peter re-verifying that the Board has authority to withhold building permits was distributed and discussed. The memo specifically addresses Windward Estates and Signature Homes/Glacier Ridge due to their failure to respond to the written notice sent in October. Per Attorney St Peter's recommendation, motion by Jerry Guelig, second John Abler, to authorize John St. Peter to follow-up with a letter to Signature Homes/Glacier Ridge and Windward Estates notifying them that building permits may be withheld. Motion carried (4-0). Abstention-Jim Rosenthal.
Mike Nett outlined a verbal agreement between him and Chairman Guelig regarding unfinished work in Hawk's Landing. Nett is awaiting the Town to re-shoulder to the original first lift. Nett will pay for shouldering after the second lift is laid. Nett intends to lay the second lift in spring of 2013. Nett requests to be included with the Town's bidding to hopefully secure a better price. If next year's price is unacceptable, Nett will provide a bond to the Town. Nett does not intend to pave the back stretch at this time. A bond for any unfinished work will be provided in 2013.
Rosenthal Court will not be further addressed until Jim Rosenthal's open records request is satisfied.
4. Discuss the purchase of a John Deere 4720 tractor. Chairman Guelig spoke to a representative of Reisterer and Schnell regarding standing behind the May quote of $19,733.75. During the November 12, 2012 meeting, a verbal quote of $21,043.10 was presented. The salesman later retracted the verbal quote; he assumed a 4% increase that was actually a 10% increase. However, the salesman was able to obtain an additional $1,700 discount directly from John Deere. The final price is $21,767; which was included in the Town's budget prior to the Budget Hearing. Motion by John Abler, second by Mike Wirtz, to approve the purchase of the John Deere tractor at an amount not to exceed $21,768.00. Motion carried (3-2). Nay-Jerry Guelig, Tim Simon.
5. Adjournment. Motion by Tim Simon, second by Jerry Guelig, to adjourn the Special Business Meeting at 5:27 pm. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, Clerk
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home