Calumet San. Dist., Town of Fond du Lac San. Dist. #2, Johnsburg San. Dist., Taycheedah San. Dist. #1 and #3, and Taycheedah Town Board
Thursday, January 24 2013
TIME: 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Quarterly Joint Meeting
The above noted entities will meet to discuss and resolve intra-district issues pertaining to operations, maintenance and repairs of the shared sewer system.
• Call to order.
• Roll call of participating members.
• Approval of the minutes of the October 25th, 2012 meeting.
• Presentation of a computerized lift station monitoring system.
• Fond du Lac 2030 Sewer Service Area Plan Update
• Winnebago Drive reconstruction project:
o Status of utility pole locations.
o Shared O&M related expenses.
• Town of Fond du Lac Sanitary District #2.
• Shared sewer repair issues.
o Remediation of hydrogen sulfate gas.
• Operation & Maintenance Agreements:
o Discuss agreements.
o Review bills:
4th quarter, 2012.
• Clearwater inspections.
• OSG Executive Committee report.
• Public comment.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
CALUMET SANITARY DISTRICT
FOND DU LAC SANITARY DISTRICT NO. 2
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT NO. 1
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT NO. 3
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN BOARD
JANUARY 24, 2013
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present were:
Calumet Sanitary District (CSD): President Dick Wehner and Commissioner Dave Burg. Absent: Alice Lemke.
Fond du Lac Sanitary District No. 2 (FdL#2): Commissioner Bob Giese. Absent: President Brian Balson and Commissioner Tom Beltz.
Johnsburg Sanitary District (JSD): President Franz Schmitz and Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber.
Taycheedah Town Board: Absent: Chairman Jerry Guelig and Supervisors Tim Simon, Jim Rosenthal, John Abler and Mike Wirtz.
Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 (TSD#1): Absent: President Mike Nett and Commissioners Dennis Thome and Jim Voight.
Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3: President Bill Gius and Commissioner John Rickert. Absent: Commissioner Mike Sabel.
Also present: Kathy Diederich, Schenck Business Solutions and Town of Taycheedah Treasurer; Brenda Schneider, Taycheedah Town Clerk and Recording Secretary for Johnsburg Sanitary District and Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3; and Hal Henderson, Synergy Sales.
The meeting was called to order at 5:07 p.m.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING:
Motion by Franz Schmitz, second by Bill Gius, to approve the minutes of the October 25th, 2012, meeting. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
PRESENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED LIFT STATION MONITORING SYSTEM
Hal Henderson, Synergy Sales, demonstrated a wireless monitoring system. The system has the following features:
• The system is capable of using wireless phone services. Service package is roughly $29 per month.
• It monitors flows, pump run times, level of flow, temperature, voltage, etc.
• Access is determined by each client.
• The system can interface with the City's system.
• Data is stored electronically.
• The system runs on low volt AC and has a battery back-up.
• There is an external antenna. It can be programmed to call, email or fax alerts.
• It has remote operation capabilities.
• Equipment replacement charge is a one-time fee of $250.00.
• Equipment package is approximately $1,200.00.
• The company is out of Georgia.
• There are approximately 11,000 units in service across the country.
FOND DU LAC 2030 SEWER SERVICE AREA PLAN UPDATE:
There was nothing further to report at this time. Each district was reminded to review their mapped service area.
WINNEBAGO DRIVE PROJECT:
Status of Utility Pole Locations
• It was reported that Alliant Energy had recently moved the telephone poles.
• It was also reported that the State sent TSD#1 a bill for an additional $26.35 for manhole adjustments.
SHARED SEWER REPAIR ISSUES:
Remediation of hydrogen sulfate gas. TSD#1 requested discussion on this matter; however, they are not in attendance.
CSD reported that they expoxied several manholes due to deteriorating concrete in lieu of applying an additive.
TOWN OF FOND DU LAC SANITARY DISTRICT #2:
Bob Giese reported that they have yet to receive a final invoice from the State for manhole adjustments along Winnebago Drive. Once the final bill is received, the Commission intends to reduce the payment by the costs they incurred for televising and cleaning.
OPERATIONS & MAINTENANCE AGREEMENTS:
Flow meters have been installed at the Brookhaven and Gladstone lift stations. It is expected that TSD#1 will address current agreements and plan to bill via each lift station.
Review Quarterly billings:
TSD#3 objected to a few of the entries in the 2012, 3rd quarter bill for maintenance and inspection wages. They object to paying for meetings with vendors.
Bob Giese departed at 5:58 p.m.
There was also a billing related to training for a soft-start of the pump at Winnebago Drive. Kathy Diederich will get more information.
Ms. Diederich reviewed the anticipated 4th quarter, 2012 bills as follows:
• energenecs Gladstone filter assembly, etc. $424.18
• P. Mand Boring manhole 151/Jburg Rd check manhole $1,025.00
• energenecs all three locations annual service agree. $3,995.00
• DE Thome Electric Winnebago Dr. install var. pump $2,635.00
• Total Energy Winnebago Dr. test/inspect generator $408.50
• Total Energy Gladstone troubleshoot/inspect $572.38
No objections were stated to the above noted O&M expenses. Kathy Diederich will compile the bills according to final flows information obtained from the City of Fond du Lac.
CSD has been concentrating of manhole inspections and rehabbing where needed.
TSD#3 has completed 110 inspections this year. They discovered fifteen violations. They still have unresolved violations from prior years.
JSD plans to inspect 20% of the homes per year.
OSG EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE REPORT:
Dennis Lefeber reported that all districts are to disregard the State report recently received. It was sent in error.
There is nothing further to report regarding the phosphorus issue.
SCHEDULE THE NEXT MEETINGS:
Thursday, April 25th, 2013 TSD#1 will provide refreshments
Thursday, July 25th, 2013 CSD will provide refreshments
Thursday, Oct. 24th, 2013 JSD will provide refreshments
Thursday, Jan. 23rd, 2014 Taycheedah will provide refreshments
Motion by Bill Gius, second by Dennis Lefeber, to adjourn at 6:21 p.m. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Brenda A. Schneider
Town of Taycheedah Clerk
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home