Board of Appeals
Thursday, April 7 2011
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Zoning Board of Appeals of the Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, will conduct a public hearing at the Taycheedah Town Hall, W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway, on Thursday, April 7th, 2011, at 7:00 p.m., for the purpose of considering a variance request submitted by Patrick Bertram. Mr. Bertram requests an exception to Town of Taycheedah Code of Ordinances, Section 13-1-24(f)(3)(a), Highway Setback Lines. Mr. Bertram proposes to construct a detached garage; which would lack sufficient front setback to comply with the ordinance. The property is located across the street from N7728 Sandy Beach Road.
All affected and interested parties are encouraged to attend and be heard.
The Town Board members may be in attendance.
Brenda A. Schneider
Secretary of Appeals Board
The Town of Taycheedah Board of Appeals conducted a public hearing on Thursday, April 7th, 2011, at 7:00 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, on behalf of Pat Bertram. Mr. Bertram requests a variance to Sect. 13-1-24(f)(3)(a), Highway Setback Line, of the Town of Taycheedah's Code of Ordinances, to allow for the re-location of a detached garage; which would lack sufficient front setback to comply with the ordinance.
Members present were Chairman James Rosenthal, John Buechel, Jason Meyer, Gale Burg and Jerome Bord.
The Secretary, Brenda Schneider, taped recorded the hearing and took notes.
The Chairman called the hearing to order at 7:23 p.m. The hearing was delayed due to voice recorder problems.
The Secretary read the notice.
Patrick R Bertram, N7728 Sandy Beach Road, was sworn in. His testimony and responses to questions was as follows:
• Bertram plans to re-located an existing detached building onto an existing gravel pad.
• The gravel pad would provide about 65% of the area needed for the building. A small area would need to be filled for the remainder of the slab-area.
• The gravel pad would put the building at a 40' setback.
• If the building is situated 63' from the center of the road, it will be located within an area of poorly drained soils. The County would then require a wetland delineation. A wetland delineation could render the entire lot unbuildable. It was noted that the area has an elevation of 751'.
• There are 32 addresses on Hopokoekau with structures; 27 of which are non-conforming to the minimum front setback. Bertram recognized that some of them are non-conforming by approved variances. The average front setback of the 27 structures is 35'8". (There were additional issues with the voice recorder at this time, 7:36 pm.)
• Bertram cited the area of poorly drained soils and a 20' setback requirement from a wetland as his hardship.
• Fond du Lac County Shoreland Zoning has issued a permit for the relocation of the 24' x 24' detached garage to the lot east of the road.
• The County direct Mr. Bertram to notify the DNR of construction in poorly drained soils.
The Board of Appeals comments were as follows:
• Bertram's hardship is the lot.
• He plans to raise the garage floor about 6". The building site has an elevation of approximately 753'.
• He's requesting a variance for a 40' setback from the closest point of the building.
• He wouldn't need a permit to move the building.
• The County has issued a permit.
• Chairman Rosenthal noted that there were no attendees, or objections filed.
• Bertram would be responsible to obtain necessary professional assistance to establish the final location of the building site.
Gale Burg motioned to approve the variance requested for a detached garage with a 40' front setback per the plan presented, noting a need to avoid the area of poorly drained soils, also noting that the building is not to go beyond the elevation of 751' mark and to follow thru with contact to the DNR. The motion was seconded by John Buechel.
Roll Call vote:
Jerome Bord aye Jason Meyer aye
John Buechel aye Gale Burg aye
Jim Rosenthal aye Motion carried (5-0).
April 7th, 2011 Board of Appeals 2.
Pat Bertram-reduced front setback
Mr. Bertram informed the Board that he will submit the DNR report to the Town for the file.
Gale Burg motioned to adjourn at 8:09 p.m., seconded by Jim Rosenthal. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home