Taycheedah Sanitary District #3
Wednesday, February 20 2013
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 1/16/13 meeting.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
2) Residential inspection plan.
1) Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement.
2) Consideration and possible action to appoint an engineering firm, to be utilized on an as needed basis, and to discuss the transition of District records.
1) Review and possible action regarding detachment from TSD#3 of the Val Eppli property located at Beverly Parkway.
2) Review and possible acceptance of the 2011 Audited Financial Statements.
3) Approval of bills.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at (920) 921-5224.
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT #3
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
FEBRUARY 20, 2013
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Bill Gius, Commissioners Mike Sabel (tardy) and John Rickert and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present was Karen Schwengels, former TSD#1 Commissioner.
Call to order. President Gius called the meeting to order at 4:04 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. Motion by John Rickert, second by Bill Gius, to approve the minutes of the 1/16/13 meeting as presented. Motion carried (2-0).
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding maintenance and operational issues. Hal Henderson, Synergy Sales, is expected to perform a site analysis in the near future. Once he has completed his analysis; he will provide the Commission with a detailed quote for upgrades to the alarm systems in the lift stations.
2. Residential inspection plan by area and schedule. John Rickert had no additional information to report at this time.
1. Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement. The former District's legal counsel had the issue in process. Attorney Sharpe will no longer be able to see this matter to completion. Lud Wurtz, the District's new attorney, will need to complete the process.
2. Consideration and possible action to appoint an engineering firm, to be utilized on an as needed basis, and to discuss the transition of District records. The District took action in the past to retain Gremmer & Associates. The Commission may in the future formally change this appointment. In the meantime, the Commission requested Brenda Schneider contact Foth to arrange for the pick-up of all of the District's records.
1. Review and possible action regarding detachment from TSD#3 of the Eppli property located at Beverly Parkway. Val Eppli has requested the Town Board detach his property from TSD#3 and attach it to TSD#1. Service via TSD#1 can be accomplished by gravity sewer. Mike Sabel arrived at this time. On a 2:1 consensus, a letter to Val Eppli which outlines TSD#3's compromise of retaining the property in TSD#3 but servicing by gravity into TSD#1 was signed.
Eppli has formally petitioned the Town Board for the transfer noted above. The Town Board will conduct a public hearing within the next few weeks.
2. Review and possible acceptance of the 2011 Audited Financial Statements. Motion by Bill Gius, second by Mike Sabel, to accept the 2011 Audited Financial Statements. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Approval of bills. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to pay all bills as presented, (order nos. 11-20), totaling $19,266.54, and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $18,500.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account.
Motion carried (3-0).
Commission will research re-financing existing debt at a lower interest rate.
Public Comment. None was presented.
Adjournment. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to adjourn the meeting at 5:08 p.m. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home