Tuesday, April 30 2013
TIME: 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Consideration and possible approval of a Class B Beer License application submitted by St. Peter Athletic Club, Inc., N8045 Church Road.
3. Certified Survey Map-Old Mill Plaza (postponed from 4/8/13 meeting).
4. Consideration and possible acceptance of a recommendation from the Comprehensive Planning Committee to amend the Comprehensive Plan.
5. Consideration and possible approval of a Public Participation Procedures and Plan Adoption to be applied to the Comprehensive Plan amendment process.
6. Discuss plumbing inspector position.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
APRIL 30, 2012
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present were Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors John Abler, Clarence Kraus, Tim Simon and Mike Wirtz, Clerk Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Guelig called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
2. Consideration and possible approval of a Class B Beer License application submitted by St. Peter Athletic Club. Motion by Jerry Guelig, second by Clarence Kraus, to approve the license. Motion carried (5-0).
3. Certified Survey Map-Old Mill Plaza (postponed from 4/8/13 meeting). During the April 8th, Town Board meeting, a Certified Survey Map was submitted on behalf of Old Mill Plaza, LLC, creating Lot 1, consisting of 0.74 acres; and Lot 2, consisting of 1.69 acres, located in the NE 1/4 of the NW 1/4 of Section 32. The Board of Appeals conducted a public hearing on April 4, 2013, to consider authorizing the Board to approve the CSM due to reduced right-of-way dedication. The Town Board preferred the initial version which would have dedicated a wider right-of-way. The Board sought a legal opinion regarding any impact to the Town's transportation aid and whether they must accept the decision of the Board of Appeals.
Per Attorney Parmentier, the Board is not bound by the Board of Appeals' decision. The Board may attach conditions to their approval even if the Board of Appeals did not; however, the conditions must bear a reasonable relationship to the CSM. The Board can also remand the matter to the Plan Commission rather than the Board of Appeals. And finally, the attorney was not able to respond to any possible impact to the Town's road aids.
Mr. Ziegler stated that the matter is about ownership. He wants to replace the busted concrete along the building.
Motion by Jerry Guelig to approve the CSM with conditions. Mr. Ziegler objected. Mr. Guelig rescinded his motion.
Motion by Jerry Guelig, second by Tim Simon, to approve the CSM as submitted. Motion carried (4-1). Nay-Mike Wirtz.
4. Consideration and possible acceptance of a recommendation from the Comprehensive Planning Committee to amend the Comprehensive Plan. The Comprehensive Planning Committee recommended amending the Plan to allow for conservation subdivisions in the area between Hwy 151 and Lake Winnebago, and to amend the Plan to allow for Multi-Family development on two parcels, owned by Joe Ziegler, in Peebles. The parcels are currently planned for business development.
Motion by Mike Wirtz, second by Tim Simon, to accept the recommendation of the Comprehensive Planning Committee and to initiate the amendments to the Plan. Motion carried (5-0).
5. Consideration and possible approval of a Public Participation Procedures and Plan Adoption to be applied to the Comprehensive Plan Amendment process. Motion by Jerry Guelig, second by Mike Wirtz, to approve the Public Participation Procedures and Plan Adoption as presented. Motion carried (5-0).
6. Discuss Plumbing inspector position. The Town's Plumbing Inspector Don Moore has informed the Town that he will retire as of June 30, 2013. Chairman Guelig will contact the Building Inspector and the Electrical Inspector to determine their intentions.
7. Adjournment. Motion by Jerry Guelig, second by John Abler, to adjourn the Special Business Meeting at 5:46 pm. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, Clerk
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home